Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bbc2 now. tonight 9pm. (tuesday)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
looks very interesting. re living under americas global might!
off to watch it now.
"what the world thinks of america".

Comments

• Options
    turned out to be a pile of statistical crap!
  • Options
    we know most of the world does not like America! Of course most (i say most not all!) americans dont know there is a rest of the world.
  • Options
    Having been watching for about an hour now, id have to say two things:

1. MR, Yes its annoyingly weighted heavily on polling results which offer little detailed in depth analysis and fail to ask the most important questions regarding US govt policy. Instead it focusses alot (not entirely, but significantly) on fairly trite aspects of Americanism (branding, image, etc.).

It has toward the end turned its attention on a bit more qualified expert analysis of main political indicators like the ME conflict, Iraq, military power, etc.

2. Renzo, i think its a mixed bag in terms of public opinion (anti-American vs. anti-American policy ).

Overall though the real pressing realities that underly the current international debate go way beyond the capabilities or the intended scope of poll-based commentaries such as this.

My opinion, it was a popularist and fairly shallow discussion of very complex and pressing issues.
  • Options
    Much better programme on BBC World right now. All About the experiences of a man falsely accused and held in Guantanemo for 13 months. Firsthand expose of whats really been going on!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    My opinion, it was a popularist and fairly shallow discussion of very complex and pressing issues.
    Clan ...trouble with you educated people is you use a lot of unessecsary words.
    IT WAS CRAP!
  • Options
    Nothing new in the show at all..All standard stuff.

Was it just me or did they seem to be trying to overcomplicate things? Percentages of percentages etc..

The majority percentage is 30% higher than the minority percentage..WTF