Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair cut

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oooooo im having my hair cut on wednesday and my blonde put back into it, i know brown is the "in" colour to have now but i still like blonde but any way im going on hols on the 29th and if i go in the pool will my hair go green?cos its like a month away?also does anyone use sun in when they go on hols?which ones are best and easiest to use?

Comments

• Options
    your hair won't go green if you look after it, just make sure you wash it and stuff.
  • Options
    Re: Hair cut
    Originally posted by sxy bunny grl
    also does anyone use sun in when they go on hols?which ones are best and easiest to use?

is that the bleach spray thing? i was told by a hairdresser that sun in is the worst hair lightening product you can get! it really damages your hair... youre probably best off getting a blonde dye with bleach in it, if youre in the sun, it'll still lighten your hair:)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Hair cut
    Originally posted by clara
    is that the bleach spray thing? i was told by a hairdresser that sun in is the worst hair lightening product you can get! it really damages your hair...
    Have to agree with clara, Sun In is the work of the devil.

While you're on holiday you could always try putting lemon juice in your hair and then sunbathing all day. I did that a few years back and everyone thought I'd got highlights done :D
  • Options
    *backs away from the sun in* So what did you do just squeeze lemons into a jug and pour it onto ur head and went sunbathing with wet lemon hair:confused: I take it it makes ur hair go lighter?
  • Options
    i've used lemon juice a few times - when i was too poor to go to a hairdresser. I just used to buy lemon juice in a squeeze bottle and just rub it through my hair.
  • Options
    Ok so it doesnt have to be wet?but wont my hair look greasy when im lying in the sun and wont i smell?also it def cant make u go ginger can it?
  • Options
    i'm not sure, it never made my hair ginger tho.
  • Options
    If your hair goes ginger when you bleach it, then the lemon will make it go ginger too - mine does that as i have kinda reddy hair naturally, so i have to have my highlights done by a proper hairdresser.

Oh, and if you do bleach it blonde and it does go green cos of the pool, put tomato ketchup on it - the red will neutralise the green tones. Seriously! That's why if you have a very red complexion you should get a green tinted base. They even each other out.
  • Options
    So what did you do just squeeze lemons into a jug and pour it onto ur head and went sunbathing with wet lemon hair:confused:
    You can either use real lemons and squeeze them yourself or you can buy Jif Lemon you get in a bottle. I put my lemon juice into a skooshy water bottle and once I wet my hair I just sprayed it on during the day. Your hair wont look greasy, just wet and it's not that strong a smell :)
  • Options
    If im laying on a sun lounger then not the whole of my head will be in the sun so will i have 2 lie so my head is all in the sun? lol yes i do have lots of questions im a virgin to this:p
  • Options
    If im laying on a sun lounger then not the whole of my head will be in the sun so will i have 2 lie so my head is all in the sun? lol yes i do have lots of questions im a virgin to this:p
    lol :D

It's best to do it on a day that you'll be walking around in the sun :thumb:
  • Options
    I read somewhere that tomato sauce would get rid of the green
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I read somewhere that tomato sauce would get rid of the green

Yeah, 3 posts above your own one maybe? :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    Oh, and if you do bleach it blonde and it does go green cos of the pool, put tomato ketchup on it - the red will neutralise the green tones
  • Options
    4 posts actually :p:p
  • Options
    *giggles*

i was waiting for that

what glittery vodka said i mean, *shakes head*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    4 posts actually :p:p
    Smart ass :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Hair cut
    Originally posted by Glittery Vodka
    Have to agree with clara, Sun In is the work of the devil.

lol, my friend Emma tried that sun in shit and her hair went ginger. I laughed. :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Hair cut
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    lol, my friend Emma tried that sun in shit and her hair went ginger. I laughed. :p

You would :p