Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Having horrible dreams for 8 days in a row!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been having really horrid, graphic dreams. I had one where i was raped by an old man, chased around my house, got a knife to my throat. another one i was back at uni, but everyone was a schitzofrinic. (spelling?) and everyone has powers to kill eachother. I got shocked in the back cuz this girl was trying to pull my spine out. Just really disturbing dreams.... i hate going to sleep, even though im so tired. i just dont want to have these dreams anymore. is there something i can do to stop having these dreams? help!

Comments

• Options
    Before you go to bed don't:

Don't large amounts of food
    Don't smoke
    Don't drink coffie

I bet your stressed about somthing? Most bad dreams come from an overative mind. All the little things we see and do in the day time stay in our subconscious mind and get released at night

Being chased useally means that you have some kind of anxiety going on in your life.

The killing thing is somthing to do with a change in your personality or somthign has changed in your life.

The knife can also be a symbol of control or power and you and your friends maybe feeling powerless in your personal lives.

Try to relax and sort out anything that's worrying you.
  • Options
    if your on any medication at all check that this couldnt be causing it as well. because im on anti-depressants i get horrible dreams
  • Options
    Thanx. Ill try it tonight and hopefully it will get better.
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: Having horrible dreams for 8 days in a row!
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    I have been having really horrid, graphic dreams. I had one where i was raped by an old man, chased around my house, got a knife to my throat. another one i was back at uni, but everyone was a schitzofrinic. (spelling?) and everyone has powers to kill eachother. I got shocked in the back cuz this girl was trying to pull my spine out. Just really disturbing dreams.... i hate going to sleep, even though im so tired. i just dont want to have these dreams anymore. is there something i can do to stop having these dreams? help!

We could go to sleep together and I could hug you close and keep you safe ;)

But I get them all the time. It's good fun to me now. You'll get used to them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    I get them to. Really horrible ones. Last one was of me killing a girl i know and it freaked me out. I suppose I built up a defence for the nigthmares now. I can actually make myself think of some thing happy. or open my eyes and put tv on then go back to sleep that way with tv on i dont think of the nightmares. weird

When i was a kid i remember being able to control me dreams, or forcing myself to wake up, strange...:confused:
  • Options
    omfg! i had a dream two nights ago i was being raped and it was fucking horrible and at the end of the dream there was bugs everywhere and it was minging and *crys - cant take the strain of dreams*

horribly bad dreams im having at the mo :(