Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sorry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im sorry to be posting this here, BUT i have missed a period not had one for 7-8 weeks, I am NOT on the pill, Not really stressed or ill.

Cant be pregnant its not normal to miss a period whats wrong im SO SO WORRIED!

Comments

• Options
    Go to the Doctors ASAP. Get it checked out, put your mind at ease. In the mean time, try not to panic. :)
  • Options
    You don't have to be 'really' stressed to skip a period. Exam stress, worry etc. can fuck them up, as can changes in weight. If you're worried then see your GP or call NHS direct for some reassurance. It's probably best to get it checked out as soon as you can, just to put your mind at rest.
  • Options
    thanks, but im not stressed at all, they have always been regular/ perfect in fact and all of a sudden gone down, my weight hasnt changed much i have put on weight however.:(
  • Options
    I agree. Go to the doctor and get yourself checked out as soon as you possibly can.
  • Options
    Is it something to worry about? :(

What could be wrong?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Is it something to worry about? :(

What could be wrong?

Well, you could worry all you like, but it won't help matters. What could be wrong? We don't know. We can give suggestions, but we can't know for sure. I'm willing to bet it's probably nothing major, but something like this is always worth getting checked out - just in case. That doesn't mean panic incessantly, just taking a bit of responsibility for your health and realising that any change in things like this is worth getting checked as it could be a symptom of something else. We don't know what. That's what the doctor is there for.

Please don't fret about this - worry/ distress also fucks up your periods, so you'll just end up going round in circles.
  • Options
    Devil am I right in thinking you're doing your A levels at the moment? Stress manifests itself in funny ways. You may not feel at all stressed, but it could still be affecting you physically. I have problems with my stomach which occur at times of stress even though I very rarely feel stressed mentally. I would still go to the doctor, but don't totally rule out stress as a cause.
  • Options
    I dont know if this is like youir situation but when i dont have my period for a while, its because i havent been eating for a long time. Like the other posters said, stress is a big factor. Definetly go see the doctor. sorry this was a pointless reply.
  • Options
    Worrying won't help, but you must go to the doctor. Please make an appointment ASAP!
  • Options
    yeh like the others said, even if you're not that stressed, thinking about the fact that you're late will make you even later.

are you sure you cant be pregnant? no drunken frolics, split condoms or anything? saying that, if you havent had one for 7-8 weeks you'd probably be starting to get morning sickness about now if you were pregnant. but obviously that changes in different people.

but deffinitely go to the doctor, just to check it out.
  • Options
    My periods get messed up with even a wee bit of stress, drinking or weight gain/loss. Its probably nowt to worry about, but go along to your GP, they get questions like that all the time and won't mind at all. :)
  • Options
    thanks guys it came on the day after my final exam, im ok now although im wishing im not on! :(
  • Options
    Oh the joys of exams and the problems they cause us! Insomnia, missed periods....grrr! ;)