Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Italy to open fire on illegal immigrants.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12348960,00.html

I put the link here in case you haven't read about this. But Italian navy people and coastguard are to fire two warning shots and then shoot boats, rafts, etc. of immigrants who are trying to enter Italy illegally.

Recently, many have come to Italy from warn-torn Africa. I can see sending illegals back...but firing upon them seems heartless.

Comments

• Options
    I agree with the Italians. Italy is a nice country.. would be a shame to mess it up with these sorts of people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I agree with the Italians. Italy is a nice country.. would be a shame to mess it up with these sorts of people.

And what sort of person is that then? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

I on the contrary agree with those who want to shoot fascists, racists and Daily Mail readers. The world is a nice place, it is a shame it's so messed up with these sorts of people.
  • Options
    shoot Daily Mail readers

"Joe, yes, sell all of my stock in the Daily Mail." :lol:
  • Options
    Because their nothing but trouble. Maybe people such as Blair should think about sorting out his own people instead of putting out siders first. UK, Italy or France, etc, has no need for asylum seekers and such a like. It just ads more to our buget.
  • Options
    But the same protection of a country could be accomplished by merely sending people back to the country they've left. Why open fire on them?
  • Options
    Well putting aside the whole argument about helping others in need and the real impact they actually have on their host countries, do you actually think asylum seekers deserve to be shot?

Why not just nuke the countries they come from and eradicate the problem at the source? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Ahh fireing at the boat thought it just said about warning shots..Never mind.
  • Options
    Fair enough. I was surprised anyone would advocate such actions.

Unfortunately Mr Berlusconi and his fascist government are well capable of adopting a 'shoot-to-kill' approach to the problem.
  • Options
    bet it doesn't apply to white people ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Fair enough. I was surprised anyone would advocate such actions.

Unfortunately Mr Berlusconi and his fascist government are well capable of adopting a 'shoot-to-kill' approach to the problem.

I don't think Berlusconi is as big a problem as his coalition allies, Bossi and Fini. From what little I know of Italian politics, their parties (Lega Nord and Alleanza Nazional) scare the hell out of me. And as for fascist, I believe I'm correct in saying that Mr Bossi once called Mussolini "the greatest statesman of our time", or words to that effect.
  • Options
    I agree with Felix Da Housecat agreeing with the Italians!
    Because their nothing but trouble. Maybe people such as Blair should think about sorting out his own people instead of putting out siders first.

So true.
  • Options
    Liberals scare me because they'd let the terrorists operate freely rather than risk restricting a freedom. Not that freedoms aren't important too.