Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

l'oreal couleur experte

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
l'oreal couleur experte...

saw this advertised on tv where you dye all your hair with one colour and then you get a little brush thingy to do subtle highlights which is what i want, but im not overly experienced in dying my hair, and was wondering has anyone used this or know anyone who has? after seeing how expensive it'd be to colour my hair professionally, ive decided against it and think DIY is the way for me:D

Comments

• Options
    I've bought one of those! Am not doing it for a couple of weeks though, am waiting til just before i go on holiday :) I'm used to dying my hair myself though so don't think it should be too hard, shall prob get my mum to do the highlighting bit for me though.
  • Options
    cool! which colour are you going for?

im scared of doing it before holiday incase the sun bleaches the highlighted bits even more!
  • Options
    Not sure what the colour is but it's the dark brown dye with the lighter brown highlights :)

The sun probably will bleach it a bit :yes:
  • Options
    They did something like this a while ago with L'oreal Feria. Probably the less developed version. I tried it, but it didn't do much. I used brown with reddish coloured highlights, but my hair just ended up looking red all over.

If you're not experienced in dying your hair, enlist the help of a friend. And go for something not too drastic at first so you won't be too horrified if it goes wrong!
  • Options
    yeah i going to ask my friend who used to work in a hair dressers to give me a hand-hopefully she knows more about it than me:)

does anyone ever do strand tests before they use another type of dye? ive dyed my hair about 4 or 5 times over the past 5 years and have never done one... i still get worried that all my hair is going to fall out or something!!:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Nope I never do them, have dyed my hair loads and nothing bad's happened yet!
  • Options
    Cool, I'll give it a go. I'll even _try_ and get photo's of before and after.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Xila
    Cool, I'll give it a go. I'll even _try_ and get photo's of before and after.

thanky:D
  • Options
    Although being male, it won't be a pretty site :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Xila
    Although being male, it won't be a pretty site :(

oh dear:(... is your hair short? i dont think itd give the desired effect:D:p
  • Options
    It's not long no, but I was thinking blonde all over with some black or something...

But knowing me I'd never get around to it anyway!
  • Options
    i just saw the ad on the tv *jumps up and down* im gonna go buy it sometime when i can afford it heh :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i put it in a mates hair not long ago, it worked really well on her hair, looked great and it was easy too. - which is a good thing cos i suck at hair
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    i put it in a mates hair not long ago, it worked really well on her hair, looked great and it was easy too. - which is a good thing cos i suck at hair

cool... did you use the little brush thing it comes with? on the website the instructions dont use it, they just use their hands:confused:
  • Options
    i used the brush to start with, then i just used my hands. I goes on much better that way!
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    i used the brush to start with, then i just used my hands. I goes on much better that way!

cool, i think ill give that a go then:)
  • Options
    good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    I did it and it works quite well. My mum did mine though and I don't rekcon you'd be able to do the highlighting bit yourself, esp. at the back! But it's cool, not too different to when I paid ridiculous amounts of money at the hairdressers last year!