Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bad breath

i some times suffer from bad breath and i am always consious of it, people always say use mouth wash to get rid of teh smell but i do and it only clears the smell for about an hour.
is there anyway to stop it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some people suffer from it but u cud take alot of chewing gum about with u and eat it whenever u feel u have bad breath.
  • Options
    Go and see your oral hygienist. (sp?) They should be able to help. :)
  • Options
    Re: bad breath
    Originally posted by 711fitzy
    i some times suffer from bad breath and i am always consious of it, people always say use mouth wash to get rid of teh smell but i do and it only clears the smell for about an hour.
    is there anyway to stop it?

What brand do you use?

Most mouthwashes only mask the smell for a little while - you need to kill the germs that cause bad breath - you therefore need to look out for an antibacterial mouthwash.

Listerine I think is the most effective - however I think it and other brands are quite acidic and cause tooth damage if over used.

Tesco do an Antiseptic one as well and is Ph balanced and very cheap compared to the big brands. I tend to use that as an everyday mouthwash.

Flossing also helps to remove bits of rotting food from between your teeth.

I think mouthwashes need to be used in moderation to some extent .. PM me if you want more advice.
  • Options
    Re: Re: bad breath
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

Flossing also helps to remove bits of rotting food from between your teeth.

Yes. This is the bit most people miss out. Try it.
  • Options
    bad breath

Susie :)
  • Options
    If you want to get rid of bad breath, you need to floss, especially at the back of you mouth. Once you've flossed the back teeth, take a sniff of the floss string. If it stinks, then you need to floss more.

Also, you need to get rid of all your snot from you nose and throat by taking a great big sniff, and then spitting it out your mouth (can't really describe how to do it, but you must know what I mean).

And to top it off, brush your teeth, and chew gum. You can't go wrong if you do all of the above.
  • Options
    you got any other symptoms with it pal ?:chin:
  • Options
    thanks for the advice i must try some of this stuff out now.:D
  • Options
    well remember to report back if you have any success - they say one good way to test if you have bad breath is to lick the back of your hand and wait a few minutes and smell your hand.
  • Options
    i will report back, just as soon as i get the stuff. hopefully it will work:D