Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stereotype

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whenever i mention that i've smoked a joint, u are always gauranteed to hear some1 say "druggie", i always seem to laugh at this, alcohol is a drug, it kills 40,000 ppl a year, cannabis is also a drug, it kills 0 ppl a year, i have seen ppl on the effects of both alcahol and cannabis, the ones on alcahol seem to be more aggressive, do things out of their control and are basically annoying bastards (only wen ur sober urself). on cannabis, ppl are relaxed, more willing to talk, ur more likely to talk to a stranger who smokes dope that one who drinks,
the sterotype of druggie on some1 who takes dope is wrong, the ones who are druggies are they ones who drink, remember to say that next time asome1 mentions drinkin

Comments

• Options
    This is very true but why would u care what they think? I believe that Cannabis is safe enough, considering the amount of deaths alcohol causes but believe me i dont have anything against drinking at the weekend but when people start to do it other times it becomes a problem,ie-drinking to get away from the world around you. As it is with every drug,but what are we to do? Live with no intoxicating substances at all, people need to have a change in their life, to alter their state of consicious and have a good time.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If people don't like me becasue I do drugs that's thjeir problem ...and besides the people that judge me simply becasue I do drugs arn't the people I want to know.

Fuck 'em!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well said Skive.

Thats a very true statement, people shouldn't judge others just because of the substances they take.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Thats a very true statement, people shouldn't judge others just because of the substances they take.

Some people will always judge us that way. If thats' the way they feel. I have the opinion that we (whether we just smoke pot or do class A's) know better. If they stereotype us, then I'll judge them as close minded ignorant numpties ...can't say fairer than that! ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    :yes:

U ever heard that song 'the irony of it all' by the Streets, applys to what youve just said.... love it!

My best mates, the ones who dont take any drugs call ma a junky (not meaning it in a nasty way i guess, and completely the wrong use of the word)~ which is nice :rolleyes: yet they go to the pub everynight get wankered, cause fights and come home smashing in car windscreens on the way. But, they 'dont do drugs' - cus 'drugs are stuff thats illegal' :rolleyes:

Oh well, people can think what they like, i dont do drugs to please people ~ so why stop to please people?
  • Options
    yes i have heard that song and the vidoe is quite funny aswell but it wasn't my inspiration for that comment, its just what i was thinkin years ago