Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Labels

Say you see a top you like. Its designer and costs a bomb.

You see a top almost identical in another shop, its cheaper but has no label on it.

Would you buy the first one simply cos its a labelled brand? Or would you buy the cheaper of the two?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if they were both equally nice i'd go with the cheaper option, but if they were kinda different and i liked the Designer one, i'd buy the designer one

what about you lacy?
  • Options
    The cheap one. Then with the rest I would have spent on the designer top I'd buy some trousers to wear with it :p
  • Options
    Cheaper option.

When I was younger it would have been the label version or nothing. My, how I've changed :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    if they were both equally nice i'd go with the cheaper option, but if they were kinda different and i liked the Designer one, i'd buy the designer one

what about you lacy?

Not sure.

If they were almost identical, i'd probably go for the cheaper version.

If i was buying it purely so i could say, "ive got a top from..." then it'd be the designer one!
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    If they were almost identical, i'd probably go for the cheaper version.

If i was buying it purely so i could say, "ive got a top from..." then it'd be the designer one!

agrees :yes:

tho most of the time labelled clothes are better fitting...
  • Options
    I would wait a few months, go to Oxfam and buy it for a couple of quid. Then I'd laugh at the people who bought it for ridiculous amounts of money.

Not really into labels myself, I only ever buy cheap clothes. Yay for cheapness.
  • Options
    I'd buy the cheaper one, unless it was a really bad fit or looked like it might fall apart in a couple of washes. Sometimes designer things are better quality or a better cut, but not necessarily.

I own some designer clothes but they're mostly Christmas presents or birthday presents. I do like expensive things but I can't afford them!
  • Options
    The cheaper one. I'll buy expensive clothes for their quality or because they're nicer/more original than cheap ones, but I don't really go for designer labels, especially if I can find exactly the same for half the price.
  • Options
    Given the choice, I do buy the more expensive/designer item, simply for the quality.
    Of course a black t-shirt is a black t-shirt, and those I buy in H&M as I will after all, not wear it a season later.

The oldest item, which I still have is a Versace. Have had it since I was 13 (17 now), and it still fits, and looks nice.
  • Options
    I guess if I had money to burn and wanted to treat myself, then I'd might go for the expensive one. But not if it was something plain like a black t-shirt, as Jacqueline said. I'll only buy something expensive if I can think of lots of occasions when I'd wear it. Which usually means I chicken out and don't buy it. I should be more daring really.

Although I've just got a debit card, so I'm probably going to be more reckless with my money soon. My new bikini which I bought online was far more than I intended to spend... but it was so easy to click the button!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Although I've just got a debit card, so I'm probably going to be more reckless with my money soon. My new bikini which I bought online was far more than I intended to spend... but it was so easy to click the button!
    :eek: You know this comes straight out of your bank account???

I'd buy the cheap one of course!
  • Options
    I would wear the one without the label:)