Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

do you follow the fashions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
wow a fashion board... :hyper:

i want to make a thread .. so ~~ do you follow fashions? see something that *all* the celebs are wearing etc, something that *everyone* is dying to own -- or because its designer do you buy it for that reason? to keep in fashion?

yay or nay.. i dont, so many things that are in fashion are so bloody minging! i buy what i like and if it is/aint in fashion it doesnt bother me..

what do you do?

Comments

• Options
    Well, I dont tend to follow trends, I just buy what I like. I love the cheeky FCUK tops, so I buy them...
  • Options
    Noooo i wouldnt be caught dead wearing what some of the celebs wear. Having said that, beginning of the year i bought a pair of shoes (£90 in the sale *faints*) cos everyone else had them. I've only worn them 3 times cos they are so uncomfortable.
  • Options
    not really...maybe if I had the money I might

i just tend to buy what I like :)
  • Options
    i don't follow the fashions, but i do buy some designer clothes, but only if i like em and they look good on me
  • Options
    fashion is so ugly it has to be changed every six months, but style lasts for ever, its in the way you smile, the way move.

I buy good quality clothes that look and feel good are comfortable and suit my build/height, if they happen to be "in fashion" then thats a coincidence :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    I buy good quality clothes that look and feel good are comfortable and suit my build/height, if they happen to be "in fashion" then thats a coincidence :D

ditto... tho there is some things i think "mmm... thats nice" chances are it wont suit me tho!
  • Options
    I wear clothes which I think look good and which I'm comfortable in, which usually means jeans and a nice normal or slightly unusual top. If I like the fashion, like those lovely floaty frilly peasant-y things that were fashionable last summer, then I'll buy something like that, but I don't follow fashion religiously.

I'm not one of these people who's wearing cropped combat trousers, stilletoes and string vests as soon as Kate Moss steps out in them on the catwalk! I'd rather have clothes that will last a while :)
  • Options
    I don't intentionally follow the fashions but sometimes something comes into fashion which I really like, so I'll buy it. But only if I like it or think it looks good on me.

People should have their own individual style, and choose aspects of the current fashion if it suits them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    fashion is so ugly it has to be changed every six months, but style lasts for ever, its in the way you smile, the way move.

You took my reply :crying:

I was gonna say, I don't follow fashion, I follow style!
  • Options
    I have not bought an item of clothing in a year and half.

Today I may but a pair od jeans, quite an event..............
  • Options
    I create my own fashion
  • Options
    Fashion! Pffttt!

*Hugs topman and joe browns*

I mix it all up alot. Go me!
  • Options
  • Options
    I do and i dont, but il only buy what i like and suits me and is comfortable to wear
  • Options
    I dont buy clothes that are the height of fashion, because I know they will date really quickly and I wont get much wear out of them. For instance those string vests, give it a month or two and noone will be wearing them, some things you just know arent going to stand the test of time.
  • Options
    No. I get most of my clothes from charity shops and tabletop sales. Rarely I'll get a dress from somewhere like New Look if its for a special occasion. I don't like the current fashions, I've always worn clothes months, years old. I buy something if I think I'll look good or feel good in it. I like old summer dresses and straight jeans. I don't like these new ripped tops, string vests, hipster jeans with glitter and thick belts on.
  • Options
    Re: do you follow the fashions?
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    do you follow fashions? see something that *all* the celebs are wearing etc, something that *everyone* is dying to own -- or because its designer do you buy it for that reason? to keep in fashion?
    No, but saying that if I want to buy new clothes I have to buy what they sell, but that doesn't mean I buy from highstreet shops, because I mostly buy online from independent traders.

I suppose you would have to ask someone who had met me what they thought, I am slightly biased! (where's Girl With Sharp Teeth when you need her....?)