Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid Americans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone watch the TV series "Airport" a documentary centred on Heathrow Terminal 3? Well, they have released a new series at LAX, and as i was watching it last night, they were following DEA agents as they arrest people on suspicion of carrying illegal substances. Anyways, this german shepard is doing its rounds, smells something on a bag, gives the trainer the signal and the dude gets pulled. NOW GET THIS:

he has a bag with 150 tablets in it, on one side is a line, on the other a (this is what the american said) "smiley face without the eyes" So the cops then spend 10 mins looking through a book of "known" drug tablets, find the crescent moon shape, and do the bloke for trafficing extacy. Now im sorry, we have all heard on how dangerous it could be taking a pill thinking it is a certain drug just based on a silly logo, so how the hell can the DEA base putting someone away for it!

(mini rant over)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Stupid Americans
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Did anyone watch the TV series "Airport" a documentary centred on Heathrow Terminal 3? Well, they have released a new series at LAX, and as i was watching it last night, they were following DEA agents as they arrest people on suspicion of carrying illegal substances. Anyways, this german shepard is doing its rounds, smells something on a bag, gives the trainer the signal and the dude gets pulled. NOW GET THIS:

he has a bag with 150 tablets in it, on one side is a line, on the other a (this is what the american said) "smiley face without the eyes" So the cops then spend 10 mins looking through a book of "known" drug tablets, find the crescent moon shape, and do the bloke for trafficing extacy. Now im sorry, we have all heard on how dangerous it could be taking a pill thinking it is a certain drug just based on a silly logo, so how the hell can the DEA base putting someone away for it!

(mini rant over)

I never saw this show but sounds good.

I dont think the dea should be able to do it but they do it and if it was ecstacy then they have the right to do it

How long did it say he got put away for?
  • Options
    it didnt, it said something like "the man was later prosecuted and found guilty of trafficing a class A substance"
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    fucking idiots :mad: the DEA suck big time. Just finnished readin Howard Mark's biograpghy and they're a big threat to world justice and human rights, if what he says is true.
  • Options
    Mr Nice is a fantastic book, funny, witty and it really makes u see things from the "bad guys" perspective.

Dope Stories wasnt as good, but just as enjoyable!
  • Options
    Damn,i was about to post about Mr Nice.

Its a brilliant book and it gives u a good view of the life he led,i said fair play to him for stickin to selling cannabis,he was criticised for not going into the cocaine trade, he had the sense to see that there was enough money through selling cannabis but through cocaine is was rather dangerous and a more serious sentence.

Im half way through dope stories,its not as good but still good, i think i'll read Mr Nice again after dope stories,its been a few months since ive read it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by White Noise
    fucking idiots :mad: the DEA suck big time. Just finnished readin Howard Mark's biograpghy and they're a big threat to world justice and human rights, if what he says is true.

I met him in Hyde Park a while back... quite a funny bloke.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    I met him in Hyde Park a while back... quite a funny bloke.

Was he stoned?lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Damn,i was about to post about Mr Nice.

Its a brilliant book and it gives u a good view of the life he led,i said fair play to him for stickin to selling cannabis,he was criticised for not going into the cocaine trade, he had the sense to see that there was enough money through selling cannabis but through cocaine is was rather dangerous and a more serious sentence.

Im half way through dope stories,its not as good but still good, i think i'll read Mr Nice again after dope stories,its been a few months since ive read it.

Ive read the book 4 times, i also met him in Gatwick airport, and got him to sign my copy, which i had just bought (talk about coincidence)
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    did anyone else get the feeling he might have been a bit liberal with the truth in parts? the amount of detail he gives over a massive time frame is strangely accurate....:confused:
  • Options
    I know what you mean. How can someone who was meant to be stoned all the time, remember so many in depth details? One thing that does back him up is the way he managed to avoid the law for so long, and keep so many "legit" companies running while he was trafficing. After all, he was a very fucking clever man!
  • Options
    Was he stoned?lol

he didnt seem it!!!!! was shocked! -he was puffing on a spliff tho!
  • Options
    Originally posted by White Noise
    did anyone else get the feeling he might have been a bit liberal with the truth in parts? the amount of detail he gives over a massive time frame is strangely accurate....:confused:

Yes i wondered alot actually about the truth in it because the detail he went into is imense, could he not be arrested for supposedly giving information about all his deals?
    Deals that he hadn't served time before.
  • Options
    Its quite an interesting book but he is so liberal with the truth its a joke. I think most of it should be classed as fiction, he puts himself forward as some folk hero but all he was was a sumggler, he wasnt doing it for any higher purpose, he was doing it for the money.

The DEA are fairly sketchy though, but then its not like our own police service are exactly that nice. Now the asset taking law is in place we have no right to trial by jury anymore, that and the inocent till proven guilty is gone too, oh well.
  • Options
    but all he was was a sumggler

Incorrect, he had set up alot of legit businesses as well as smuggling,he has a massage parlour in Thailand,amongst many others,he set up a school in Pakistan. He had ALOT of money and he never smuggled anything other than Cannabis,fair play to him there.
  • Options
    Theres a difference between setting up businesses to wash money through and being a legit business man though isnt there.

Dont get me wrong though, I dont dislike the bloke I just think he's not really much of a cult hero.

Has anyone read snowblind? Its significantly better than Mr Nice.

And OI! I wont have any generalisations about americans, yes some of them are stupid but not all.
  • Options
    What is snowblind about, a life story on another drug user?

Hes not really a hero at all, he just lived the "high" life for years then got caught,made his money and nows out free again and probably wont go back inside and is fighting his cause.
    To legalize it
  • Options
    Snowblind is about an american coke smuggler in the early 70's, a very very smart one who came up with elaborate ways to smuggle the stuff in.
    He was only ever a small player, a few kilos really but the book is very interesting.
  • Options
    Whos the author of snowblind? Ill be taking a trip down to the library today i think.
  • Options
    Give me 5 mins and I'll tell you.
  • Options
    Snowblind: A Brief Career in the Cocaine Trade by Robert Sabbag.

He's also written something else too, but that is a follow on from this, so you'd be best to read this one first.

Have you read any of that Hunter S Thompson I recomended to you?
  • Options
    No not yet because im reading The Howard Marks: Book of Dope Stories, its not as good as mr nice but its still good enough,it goes into alot of detail and methods of taking many many different drugs ranging from over the counter drugs to animals and urine..yes urine, it says in it if a person was really drunk the night before and then drank their piss the next morning they would be more intoxicated than the night before. :yuck:

I'll get snowblind today if its in the library.
  • Options
    Isnt there a bit from fear and loathing in las vegas in that book, I think so, shame really, I mean he should have picked something of Hunters work but if he's chosen something else then maybe it would have made some people realise that its not his only work.
  • Options
    Yea there is some writing from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, thats a quality film and i know its not all Howard Marks' work, a mixture of alot of different writers and pieces of text, its a good enough book.

Anyone ever used a toad to trip?
  • Options
    Nope, its a varient of DMT though isnt it, the active ingredient, I might be wrong though.
  • Options
    Yes i think you are correct as it says the pus is extracted,dried and smoked which contains tryptamine 5-MeO-Dmt which is at least 4 times stronger than regular DMT and mimics the death and dream experiences.

There are several articles from Hunter S.Thompson in this book of dope stories, they are different parts of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas from
  • Options
    I'd say that 5-meo-dmt is more than 4 times stronger than DMT, but thats only in terms of doseage really. 5-meo's dose is between 3 (relatively small) and up to 15mg (V.high!) where as DMT ranges from 40mg (threshold) up to 100mg (high).

They are both as strong as each other really in terms of the experiance, 5-meo is less visual and because of this it can be a bit scarier.
  • Options
    5-meo is less visual and because of this it can be a bit scarier.

How can it be scarier if there are less visuals, i would have thought the more visuals the more fucked up you are going to be, but the 5-meo could be a head fuck which makes it scary?
  • Options
    Its hard to explain, DMT feels a lot like a really really powerful pleasureable mushie trip (if it turns out well).

However 5-meo has a darker edge to it, its more physical, more abstract, more intense. I guess without the visuals you dont have a point of reference, your cut a drift a little.
  • Options
    drank their piss the next morning they would be more intoxicated than the night before. :yuck:

The same is true of Fly Agaric mushrooms. I believe it can be done a few times before it becomes too dilute to trip.
    Suppose it depends how desperate you really are! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    The same is true of Fly Agaric mushrooms. I believe it can be done a few times before it becomes too dilute to trip.
    Suppose it depends how desperate you really are! :p

I wouldnt be that despeate, to drink your own piss ;)