Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Better life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you think that drugs have improved your life or made you a better person, if so how?

Or maybe it's the other way round and you have abused drugs and ruined it!

I think drugs did improve my life but now i have sent my self a bit insane with them :(

How about you?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Better life
    Originally posted by sarahisgreat
    Do you think that drugs have improved your life or made you a better person, if so how?

Or maybe it's the other way round and you have abused drugs and ruined it!

I think drugs did improve my life but now i have sent my self a bit insane with them :(

How about you?
    i've loved em and had fun. i've hated em and nearly been destroyed. now the only dangerous drug i use is tobacco. the other drug which i'm reasonably sensible with is alcohol.
    i do like certain herbs which are mood altering occasionaly.
  • Options
    Mind altering drugs like LSD and Ecstacy have improved my life I think. Like everyone always says it's a spiritual and religous type of experience. The experience is explained in much better words at http://www.rave-theawakening.com. But it's a good experience to have in my opinion.

No drugs have ruined my life. But.. I really abuse Cannabis. Hence my name. It's easier for me to count the hours that I am not stoned than it is otherwise. I smoke at least 3 times a day, every day. I have slowed down a little bit but only because I am not living with my parents anymore and money is not as easy to come by anymore. Anyway I dont think cannabis will ruin my life but sometimes I regret it when I can't remember a damn thing or can't think straight sometimes. But If I smoke weed then I'd be drinkin alcohol all the time and I think that's worse. Weed also gives me some creative insight.. believe it or not it does for some reason.. opens up your mind and the ideas just roll in :) It's not unusual for cannabis to create that effect as I've heard of other artists, and anything that requires creative thought, using it for that reason.
  • Options
    Im not so sure, ive had a lot of fun with drugs~since i started them my life has been much more enjoyable than before. But i dont know whether that is due to drugs or not. Maybe its because of the people im friends with since i started drugs, Ive found myself continuously laughing since starting drugs.

However, if i stopped drugs i dont think my life would stop being enjoyable. Drugs arent everything. Id stil have my friends! Id just find life a bit tough for a while.

I havent ruined my life with drugs-but, i do wish id started later. Once i got myself an education. I got bad marks on a lot of subjects when i could have got A*s and thats due to going out and doing drugs instead of learning-i didnt go to college because most of the time we were too stoned to make it to our lectures, and other times i just couldnt be bothered because i knew if i did go into college i was bound to get stoned and not be with it for my lecture anyway.

I think if anybody says that drugs have made their life better, and without drugs their life would be shit is a very sad person... thats just my opinion.
  • Options
    Since i have started using cannaibs as that is the only drug i take i think it has made my life better in some ways but in other ways like feeling tired after a smoking session and forgeting short term things while stoned can be negative.

I know that if i stopped using Cannabis my life wudn't really change,i would probably just drink more but i firmly believe that cannabis isnt physical addicitive but mentally it can be,just thinking about it.
  • Options
    I think that about the only thing, along the drug line, that has taken, at least the little bit control over me, was alcohol, but then there are times when it doesn not take over me and I am able to keep it under cotrol.
  • Options
    I think I've changed a lot and I'm a better person since I started using drugs, but I'm not totaly sure that its because of them. I think the time that a lot of people do drugs, 16-25 is a time when you really begin to get your head sorted and develop into an adult as it were.

I have had a good laugh though, and thats the main point isnt it.
  • Options
    Yep it is, ive had plently of laughs myself.