Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In school we've been studying persuasion. And I read a few weeks ago how Bush got the best image-makers out there.

So I want to share a few of their triumphs in image-making.

The biggest event was having him fly a jet onto a carrier coming home from the Iraqi war. A sign was strategically hung behind him: Mission Accomplished.

His speech about going to war. The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island,(where many European immigrants came into America), across the harbor...Ground Zero. If that weren't enough, barges were brought in to be lit on the harbor behind him as he spoke.

Yesterday, Bush meeting the troops in Qatar and rubbing the head of a guy with a shaved head and laughing. News release: he flew home over liberated Iraq.

News releases yesterday: to Arab papers. Palestinian state within sight.

To New York papers: Bush pledges vibrant Israel.

Press converence: audience behind him rearranged to show, White, Asian and African Americans, Males and Females...all nodding in agreement. Ever seen one of those bobbers whose heads nod up and down...just asking.

Hmmm, and I thought History was comprised of unplanned events.

:rolleyes: