Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

E

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am just curious about what would be the best place to take an e if its ur first time,at home,outside,club?
Is the feeling really that brilliant that people talk about?

Comments

• Options
    Id say at home, (if you live with anti drug parents thats not a good idea, you'll worry 2much) but really, just anywhere where you feel safe i guess, and you can be with friends.

A clubs not too good an idea, you dont know how u may react to pills, and it can be a scary experience if there loads of strangers about.

Its an amazing feeling-if all goes to plan. If you dont react badly, you feel safe, and youre comfy and with friends the feeling is great.

On your first time, its a good idea to make sure the people you are with know how to act if things dont go to plan-it may make you have a better time if you know you are in good hands.
  • Options
    If i ever did take it i wud be with others who would be taking it their first time as well,i wudnt be sure about taking it but the feeling that people around my area talk about,it sounds brilliant.
    I wouldn't stay at home,i was thinkin of outside just walking the streets.
    Not too sure about it all but my friend seems to be rather confident,how long wud it be until i can back to normal(as in not looking off my face) after taking it say at 7.30pm or so.
  • Options
    [I really think it would be such a bad idea to do it walking the streets. For many reasons, its not a safe environment, you wont be in full control of your actions, your judgement will be altered, not to mention if you get clocked by the police they will be taking you home to your parents, letting them know what their child has been up to :p

If youre not too sure about it, id recommend not doing it, you are more likely to have a bad experience if you arent feeling confident, and are worrying even slightly.

The time you will be affected for depends on so many things, my first time i took pills at 10pm (expecting that when my bf came to peek me up at 11 i would be back to normal) but i was only beginning to peak... i couldnt sleep till 4 or 5 in the morning, and for the following day all i could do was lie in bed...

You wont look normal for a good few hours, maybe if you came home at midnight you could pass it off as being pissed... just maybe.

I really dont reccommend trying it for the first time walking the streets, and then going home to your parents.
  • Options
    Re: E
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    I am just curious about what would be the best place to take an e if its ur first time,at home,outside,club?

mine was in a club and I took half then half later and I had a really good time, the best:D but I was with people im extremely close to and who knew what they were doing, thats the most important bit.;)
  • Options
    I really dont reccommend trying it for the first time walking the streets, and then going home to your parents.

I would actually agree with u there,if everything was perfect it would be a brilliant feeling i know,sure we'll see what happens with it all.
    Cheers for the advice
  • Options
    Just wondering if i sniffed a crushed up pill do the effects come on straight away or still take a while to come on and is it any different buzz than just eating it?
  • Options

yeeees...well i think so anyway!
    Its the only thing i'll touch now...the lovely warm feeling...ahhh
  • Options
    Just wondering if i sniffed a crushed up pill do the effects come on straight away or still take a while to come on and is it any different buzz than just eating it?

U do come up quicker, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, cains your nose and its meant to damage it quicker than coke! (not sure)
  • Options

i did it once...

didnt think much of it.
  • Options
    I made the fairly serious mistake of snorting two tri-mitzis with some MDMA powder once. All went well and I came up like a bastard and peaked massively, however the crash and burn was VERY drastic and nasty.

If its going to be your first time, make sure you get them from someone you know and be with people you know too. If you dont have a venue as such I would say doing them outside of an afternoon would be good. However stay away from normal people and wear sunglasses if its sunny.

My first time was in a club and it was really really good, Ahhh mitzi turbos where have you gone.......(looks wistfully off into the distance)
  • Options

man wise up before its too late, speed? e?
  • Options
    Re: Re: E
    Originally posted by maxer
    man wise up before its too late, speed? e?

To be honest who said anything about taking speed or e,i am just curious.

Have u ever even researched any of these drugs, where have u heard all ur information about these drugs?the news,government,etc and where have u heard ur information about Cannabis,the same source and thats when u thought it was bad and then u found sites about cannabis then u became to relaise that cannabis wasn't as bad as people made it out to be?right maxer?

Im not justifying speed or e,im just saying and by the way i wouldn't take it,just alcohol and cannabis for me.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Shogun mate, you've been asking about pills for a while now. Are you just curious or are you considering trying ecstasy?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Shogun mate, you've been asking about pills for a while now. Are you just curious or are you considering trying ecstasy?

Im not really sure, the feeling it gives sounds tempting but the whole risk with it would probably put me off,maybe not,i dont know.

How often do you take ecstacy skive?
  • Options
    im in the same situation as shogun, i've read up a hell of a lot about it and i've decided to take it in august. i've decided the setting, dose, friends. its gona be *PERFECT* until the morning
  • Options
    How often do you take ecstacy skive?

This is my take on ecstasy

I first tried esctasy way back in 96 when I was 14, I'd got into the rave scene and decided to take a dove at an outdoor rave in the New Forest. In the next 4 years I can't have taken it more than 8 times, but afetr I left college I caned them a bit - at least 8 or so a weekend. In the last 6 months or so I've calmed down considerably - though I must admit that I've done them th two previous weekends .:D

In my experience somebody's first pill is rarely their best, which is probably to do with feeling aprehensive - I know I did. My friends older brothers had been doing them for ages and I thought they were stupid. In the end curiousity got the better of me and me and a mate decided to try half each. Although it was enjoyable I didn't really come-up that much on it, but it made me more confident the next time I took half.

Bassically I think this is one of the greatest drugs on the planet ...I've certainly had no better times on any other drugs. It's changed me and my outlook on life - for the better I think. The thing is if you do one, you have to expect to do more. I havn't met many people who've tried it on not liked it, so ecstasy is a dsrug that should be used in moderation, not only for the benifit of your health, but because if you do it to often the enjoyment you get fades.

As for the short term risks (i.e dying) - they're minimal. Check this and this out ...yes that may be a little biased but our government has admited that down hill skiing is more dangerous. 99% of ecstasy deaths could have been avoided with responsible use e.g proper intake of water, breaks from dancing, no mixing with other drugs (though most experienced users do)...

There is however, a question mark over what ecstasy does to your brain in the long term - no matter what the government insists there is no concrete evidence to show that ecstasy causes brain damage. At the same time there is no evidence to suggest that it doesn't. The scientific world is still very much undecided. Whatever the reality of the situation is there is little doubt that ecstasy is bad for you.

I however think it's worth it, for the simple reason that there are a lot more dangerous things in life. I have no regrets.

One man you may like to speack to if you can catch him (I think he still visits this place) is Dan the Man. He was posting in this forum for ages as a pot smoker only, and all our talking about pills got him so curious he decided to try it one day.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

I first tried esctasy way back in 96 when I was 14, I'd got into the rave scene and decided to take a dove at an outdoor rave in the New Forest. In the next 4 years I can't have taken it more than 8 times, but afetr I left college I caned them a bit - at least 8 or so a weekend. In the last 6 months or so I've calmed down considerably - though I must admit that I've done them th two previous weekends .:D

In my experience somebody's first pill is rarely their best, which is probably to do with feeling aprehensive - I know I did. My friends older brothers had been doing them for ages and I thought they were stupid. In the end curiousity got the better of me and me and a mate decided to try half each. Although it was enjoyable I didn't really come-up that much on it, but it made me more confident the next time I took half.

Bassically I think this is one of the greatest drugs on the planet ...I've certainly had no better times on any other drugs. It's changed me and my outlook on life - for the better I think. The thing is if you do one, you have to expect to do more. I havn't met many people who've tried it on not liked it, so ecstasy is a dsrug that should be used in moderation, not only for the benifit of your health, but because if you do it to often the enjoyment you get fades.

As for the short term risks (i.e dying) - they're minimal. Check this and this out ...yes that may be a little biased but our government has admited that down hill skiing is more dangerous. 99% of ecstasy deaths could have been avoided with responsible use e.g proper intake of water, breaks from dancing, no mixing with other drugs (though most experienced users do)...

There is however, a question mark over what ecstasy does to your brain in the long term - no matter what the government insists there is no concrete evidence to show that ecstasy causes brain damage. At the same time there is no evidence to suggest that it doesn't. The scientific world is still very much undecided. Whatever the reality of the situation is there is little doubt that ecstasy is bad for you.

I however think it's worth it, for the simple reason that there are a lot more dangerous things in life. I have no regrets.

One man you may like to speack to if you can catch him (I think he still visits this place) is Dan the Man. He was posting in this forum for ages as a pot smoker only, and all our talking about pills got him so curious he decided to try it one day.

Cheers skive,that was very detailed and interesting.
    I checked the links out you give me and found this,now i am asthmatic and find this worrying.
    Asthmatics have been known to die from attacks while on Ecstasy,
    Some bad reactions may also be due to allergies and interactions with other drugs such as inhalers used by asthmatics; this is an area that should be researched.

I find this worrying because i am asthmatic.
  • Options
    Found this experince on that link u give me skive.

Antibiotics and Asthma
    I've taken E on anti-biotics, admittedly towards the end of course, with
    few problems except the usual morning afters.

Ditto asthma. I'm asthmatic, and often use ventolin while flying. It
    hasn't been a problem. Something the rush can seem quite intense, and
    the increased heart rate is reminiscent of some exercise-related asthma
    attacks I've had, but I don't experience any tightness of breathing. In
    fact, when on E I find that I need to rely on my inhaler less than I
    would (considering I'm dancing my lille feet off).

American man

Now what does this say? I think it may depend on the way the drug is taken-ie-mixed with other drugs,situations and water intake.
  • Options
    Yes that is definately something to consider. I know a few asthmatics that regulary take pills and I don't think they're aware of that fact. I havn't really paid attention to that before (because I'm not asthmatic). I wonder if there are any asthmatics posters on here that do pills?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Now what does this say? I think it may depend on the way the drug is taken-ie-mixed with other drugs,situations and water intake.

This is the problem with ecstasy - both science reports and experinces often conflict when talikng about ecstasy, it's hard to get any real information. You have to be selective and use your common sense.

It's another reason why people should start off gently if they're using ectasy the first few times. It's important to gather experience and no your limits. This means no drinking or any other drugs (except maybe a joint as the ecstasy wears off). It also means comfortable surroundings - a free house with friends (sensible people).
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Do these asthmatics u know experience pills is any different way? Do they feel a bit edgy at all?
  • Options
    Not that I know of - but their condition isn't severe. They've probably never even considered it - which is another reason why they've probably never had a problem. It isn't a good idea to try ectsasy until you're reasonably comfortablel with the idea. It natural to feel nervous - I was bricking it for the first hour or so - then I realxed. But if you're going to worry thoughout the experience than it may not be worth it.

That's why taking the pill in halfs is a good way to start - it may not get you wrecked but it will build you confidence and you will know what to expect.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My condition isn't severe either.
    I reckon if i did take i wudn't be shitting it because i wud think whats done is done and i may as well sit back and enjoy it.

Yes i see ur point about taking it half the first time.
  • Options
    I reckon if i did take i wudn't be shitting it because i wud think whats done is done and i may as well sit back and enjoy it

LOL ...that was my attitude!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

EXCELLENT POST, after all the research i've done that post has really re-assured me and calmed me down more. the only other thing im worried about is the increasing usage of PMA sold as MDMA, apparently PMA is 20 times the strength of MDMA. is this true or is someone exagerating a little?
  • Options
    I have also read about the increasing amount of PMA sold as mdma.

What is PMA?
    Have heard about it but dont know much.
  • Options
    I wonder if there are any asthmatics posters on here that do pills?

I have asthma, but it's not too severe.

I've taken pills on and off for the last 9 years. In all that time I've been affected once. And it wasn't actually an athsma attack, it was more a panic attack and all I needed was a bit of space and my mate to calm me down.

All I can say to that is for the first time, you NEED to be with people you trust and who will look after you if you are having problems. And you need to be somewhere safe. What age are you Shogun? If you are still living with your folks, wait until you or one fo your pals parents go on holiday at summer. That way, you can all get together, take the pill indoors, gabble a lot of shite, sort out the problems of the world, get some music on and have a blast! That way, you are all coming up together and experiencing the come down too.

It really is fantastic. I haven't had a pill for months now and I'm saving myself til festival season! :D
  • Options

What is PMA?
    Have heard about it but dont know much.

have a look on Talk To Frank it has a lot of info on there, im not sure how genuine it is because sites like that seem to exagerate things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lovedup
    I have asthma, but it's not too severe.

I've taken pills on and off for the last 9 years. In all that time I've been affected once. And it wasn't actually an athsma attack, it was more a panic attack and all I needed was a bit of space and my mate to calm me down.

All I can say to that is for the first time, you NEED to be with people you trust and who will look after you if you are having problems. And you need to be somewhere safe. What age are you Shogun? If you are still living with your folks, wait until you or one fo your pals parents go on holiday at summer. That way, you can all get together, take the pill indoors, gabble a lot of shite, sort out the problems of the world, get some music on and have a blast! That way, you are all coming up together and experiencing the come down too.

It really is fantastic. I haven't had a pill for months now and I'm saving myself til festival season! :D

I've read a bit about panic attacks and all u need is a bit of assuring and space to calm down.

Im 17 and yea im still living at home. Does the heat of indoors in a house not freak you out if ur on e or is that just stupid?
  • Options
    Im 17 and yea im still living at home. Does the heat of indoors in a house not freak you out if ur on e or is that just stupid?

Nah ...that won't be problem. Sometimes though it is nice to go and get a bit of fresh air while on pills. Changes of temperature can 'bring you up' more!

As for PMA - a number of 'stronger' and more dangerous chemicals have been sold as MDMA or MDA over the last ten years. DOB and 4MTA being the ones that come to mind. There have been a few deaths attributed to both of these. I myself have knowingly done 4MTA, though I'm not sure about DOB. Problems arise when people take these pills and treat them in the same way they would ecstasy. The 4MTA pill (a flatliner) was all I needed for the night - at the time I didn't realise what it was, so with hindsight it was lucky I could only get hold of the one.

I don't know if PMA shows up on an EZ test, but if it does it might be worth investing in one. Even if it doesn't they might be a good idea - they offer peace of mind. I've never used one, but I know some posters on hear swear by them.
    Weekender Offender