Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Placebo-type thing...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you believe you have taken a drug (ecstacy pill for example) is it possible to believe you are feeling the effects of the drug?

My best friend told another friend he had put a couple of pills in his beer--so, he happily downed the beer believing pills had dissloved in it.

After half an hour he became jittery-his legs and arms wouldnt stop moving and he was more than happy.

My best friend confessed he had not put any pills in the beer, but friend two did not believe him...

Can this happen? my friend became the object of much teasing because others thought he was pretending to feel the effects... i must admit, i did have a giggle-but i believe it can happen.

what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Yes i believe it can happen,all in the mind.
    A couple of months a few of mind rolled 3 "joints" and put no dope in with them and give them to a few younger people and they were sitting there "im stoned,this is good shit":lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Yes i believe it can happen,all in the mind.
    A couple of months a few of mind rolled 3 "joints" and put no dope in with them and give them to a few younger people and they were sitting there "im stoned,this is good shit":lol:

:lol: i did that to one of my sisters friends for a bit of a giggle... not too nice, i know...

she was saying a similar thing-but maybe its because she wanted to look good...didnt want to admit she felt nothing?
  • Options
    Maybe that is the case or maybe it is all in the mind,thats what a boy who smoked alot said to be before about munchies, that it was all in the mind but i dont believe him about that.
  • Options
    guess it depends on the person..

would be great if my mate could 'spike' my drink leading me to feel like i was pilling.. save so much money! :D
  • Options
    Lol,yea i bet it would save money.
  • Options
    Drug empathy? yep.
  • Options
    I think its more than likely with pills, as in a small dose you just feel like your in a ready good mood.
    What I do think is wierder are stories of people tripping when on nothing, when they are with others who are. I dont understand that myself.
  • Options
    The placebo effect is something that is still little understood, yet it is even used as a form of treatment in some cases where the doctor thinks that the problem (mental or physical) has been constructed psychologically. Normally a drug treament is first given and then 'drugs' that are given on the next prescription are the placebo, usually made out of sugar and other non-active substances....The mind is a lot more powerful than people realise, it has the capability to heal the body, act as an anesthetic and do other things that we would think were only possible through medicating drugs......