Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kuwait to hang killer of American.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A Kuwaiti court sentenced an Islamic extremist Wednesday to death by hanging for killing an American civilian working for the U.S. military.

Perfect. :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Shut up you violent idiot.

Hoiw can you whinge about the naughty Islamists and take a moral high ground when you are genuinely excited and happy that someone is going to be killed?
  • Options
    Cause they killed an American. People do support the death penalty in this world. I thought it was more obscene when Germany only gave 5 years to a extremist who aided terrorists and was smirking at victims of 9/11 in the courtroom.
  • Options
    I like the way you mention the fact it was an American, you really do think American lives are more important than foreigners don't you?
  • Options
    That's off the point. The point is, these terrorists are killing innocents and need to either be put in jail forever or killed. And I will celebrate every time they get one of the bad guys. We're the good guys.
  • Options
    ANd what does killing that person achieve? How does it make the world better?

Are you so sure that the Kuwaiti criminal justice system is utterly fair? To my knowledge there is not a single system in the world that is utterly fair and accurate and that alone should rule out the completely non-reversible punishment of death.............
  • Options
    Attorney General John Ashcroft asked Congress Thursday for expanded powers to hold suspected terrorists indefinitely before trials and to let him seek the death penalty or life imprisonment for any terrorist act.

See. Not just me. You asked fair enough questions and you'll recognize the truth in this question too.

Don't you think the terrorist who assisted the 9/11 hijackers and got 5 years in Germany will rejoin Al Qaeda when he gets out?
  • Options
    I know it is not just you. :(

Do you know the exact terms of the German prosecution, what did this person specifically do?

I am sure that on release he is likely to be monitored closely. I doubt he would rejoin Al Qaida or that they would let him beause he will be tracked by the security services.

Think about it..........
  • Options
    John Ashcroft, for your info pnj, is one of the biggest betrayors of the US Constitution in our modern day. The man and his policies are utterly fascist beginning with his time as a US Senator, during which time he proposed more amendments to the Constitution to enhance the government's right to spy on the American public and use secret evidence against our own people than all the amendments tabled since the Consitituion was first brought into force.

This man is also a fundamentalist Pentecostal preacher with the most heinously right wing agenda of any politician in the US, more so even than Newt Gingrich.

For you to even suggest that his views are sound identifies you completely with anti-deomcratic, anti-American principles that should be opposed with every fibre of our being if America is reamin a free country.

Ashcroft has no scruples, no ethics and no tolerance even more our most fundamental rights and freedoms. In short he belongs buried in the pages of history along with the Nazis along with his perversion of justice.

Shame on you for holding him up as a model of American pride.
  • Options
    pnj, you are the most narrow minded bigoted person i've ever read, if an american killed an islamic person in america i'm sure u'd be outraged if he was sentenced to death, i've so far read about 10 of ur posts and u've contradicted urself numerous times, stop riding the wave of unintelligent american spin and actually lookat the world, u might learn something.
  • Options
    muslim terrorists

That's who I condem. You try to deny they exist. One of my best friends is a Muslim from Pakistan...and he's sitting next to me right now.:p
  • Options
    what do u mean i'm trying to deny they don't exist, the truth is i've seen more terrorism in my 16 yrs of living than u will ever see in ur whole life,
  • Options
    Then you should understand why we're trying to prevent another 9/11.

And in the process, I think we're going to create a better future for Iraq than they had under Saddam. Just cause he was a Muslim doesn't mean he wouldn't, and didn't, kill millions of Muslims. We're sending a lot of brilliant people there to make life better. For example, one of the guys who brought the crime rate down in NYC is in Baghdad nowto do the same.
  • Options
    You obviously arent getting the whole picture then pnj. Our presence is increasingly being seen by the Iraqis for what it always was intended to be, a conquest and occupation, not a liberation.

We are sending our people there to dictate to these people what Bush and co will allow, not to empower them to govern themselves.

This whole affair has been a lie from start to finish. You should be able to comprehend that given what you posted about our actions in Iran decades ago.

Stop believing the lies pnj, and go do some real research into what you are not being told.

One day you hopefully will also learn that 9/11 itself was the biggest lie and treasonous, murderous betrayal of the American public and the world by an evil, corrupt, authoritarian Bush regime!
  • Options
    K
    Have a nice day!:)

Hey Clandestine, look on CNN right now with what went on at the NY Times. I think they were pressured into making changes cause Fox kept attacking them on a bad hire.
  • Options
    pnj, u sound as though 9/11 was the first terrorist attack ever commited and that the american government are heroes, i didn't see them trying to stop anoter omagh bombing when 29 ppl including women and children died, but who cares thats in a different country, it doesn't matter, the truth is, bush looked at the attacks and used them to his gain, do u think he genuinely cares if 3000 ppl died in new york, pre bush, americas economy was growing every year since 1988, not sure on that one, wen bush enters, everything fails, the terrorist war is an excuse to keep sceptics happy, you are just another victim of propaganda shoved down ur throats by bush and co, he's the real dictator with the most threat to the world.
  • Options
    I do not support the death penalty , I would prefer the terrorists be put on trial , and if found guilty , be locked away never to see the light of day again.