Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lost all interest in studying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey everyone!

I'm in a bit of a rut. I'm currently in the middle of sitting my A Levels and the thing is I'm just so bored with school now that I just cannot get motiviated to revise at all. I've hated sixth form right from the start and I've already got a job for when I've left school completely (I start at the end of June). I've just lost all interest in studying and I'm counting the days til I can forget all about it.

Does anyone else feel the same?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    yeah im feeling the same appart from i really need certain grades to get on the course i want....

i really just want it all to be over, i hate exams! i know how you feel, but id advise you to do some revision even if you dont want to because if you have some good grades at the end of it all, youll have something to show for 2 years and it could help you out in the future:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by clara
    yeah im feeling the same appart from i really need certain grades to get on the course i want....

Yeah, likewise.

I've always been bad at revision but have usually done ok, this year is a hell of a lot harder though. I'm not even that sure I want to go to Uni this year anymore which doesn't really help with my motivation. I'm just looking forward to my holiday at the end of the month!

You just have to try your best really, and just think in less than a month it will all be over! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by *hellie*

You just have to try your best really, and just think in less than a month it will all be over! :D

thats whats getting me though it!! ooo this time in a month ill be sat in the hot sun in corfu:D
  • Options
    likewise I will be so glad to have finished uni for the year so I can go off to Canada
  • Options
    god yeah - i'm so fed up with sitting exams all the sodding time, i just don't care anymore. It was made worse by the fact that i am doing 17 papers in total, so i've reached exam burnout already and i've got all the important papers coming up! Just have to grit our teeth and get through this...
  • Options
    *joins hands with all fellow A level students* We WILL get through it! It's horrible I know, that awful feeling when you really should be revising but you just can't face it.

My first exam was today and I feel so much better already, it's good to actually be started on them because that means they're closer to finishing. Grit your teeth and prepare for a nasty couple of weeks... then think about how great it'll be when we've finished!
  • Options
    Re: Lost all interest in studying
    Originally posted by From The Block
    Hey everyone!

I'm in a bit of a rut. I'm currently in the middle of sitting my A Levels and the thing is I'm just so bored with school now that I just cannot get motiviated to revise at all. I've hated sixth form right from the start and I've already got a job for when I've left school completely (I start at the end of June). I've just lost all interest in studying and I'm counting the days til I can forget all about it.

Yes,i wish all the exams were over so i could just sit around with no worries, my tests are over in 11 days :hyper:
  • Options
    I'm revising but I can't remember it all! Not going to panic though because unless they raise the grade boundaries I only need 183 marks in each subject....

I hate it all so much though. Especially psychology. I hate psychology.

Half of me wants to do really well, but the other half is like "fuck it. In a years time what a-levels you have will be irrelevant anyway."
  • Options
    remember "NOTHING REALLY MATTERS" cause in 70 odd years you'll be dead and nothing you will have done will matter :D ...always look on the bright side on yeah i got 3 a's for highers :P
  • Options
    Originally posted by urban
    remember "NOTHING REALLY MATTERS" cause in 70 odd years you'll be dead and nothing you will have done will matter :D ...always look on the bright side on yeah i got 3 a's for highers :P

always look on the brightside that you'll be dead?!?! :confused: :rolleyes:

my that is bright :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by urban
    Sometimes, I have that attitude.

Rather than the exams, I have modules to finish. Almost done now but at times the pressure was so rife I felt like pulling my hair out!
  • Options
    best things you can do for worried about exams is eat a shit load of banana's and get alot of sleep the night before ...like 10pm ..i know its early and you might miss the saprano's but tough :D
  • Options
    I'm about to start my first year exams at uni (if I don't pass I get thrown out) and should be revising Anglo-Saxon , but I just can't bring myself to do any work
    Ah well, roll on Monday and the week of doom
  • Options
    Re: Lost all interest in studying
    Originally posted by From The Block
    Hey everyone!

Exactly the same here. It feels like after 14 years in school this is just one set of exams too far. As soon as you get into year 7 thesedays you're bombarded with all manner of tests and exams from day one, and to say it is now wearing thin would be understatement of the year. I wouldn't worry so much about it if it wasn't so bloody important!!
  • Options
    Yes, I experience the same problem.
    Although I'm predicted quite highly, it doesn't help me get motivated.
    I'm spending most of my time doodling glumly on a pad of paper when I start revising. I worked ten times harder for my AS/January modules than these summer A2 ones. I've just sickened myself to studying for now.
    Oh well, just gritting my teeth and trying to get through them :)