Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Speed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can speed kill is my simple question?My friend says no one has ever died from a speed overdose but this talk to frank site says people have died from an overdose and i haven't taken speed.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Speed
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Can speed kill is my simple question?My friend says no one has ever died from a speed overdose but this talk to frank site says people have died from an overdose and i haven't taken speed.
    you can die from anything if its overdosed, just how much is the question.
  • Options
    yes u can...

use can lead to strokes, liver damage etc with long term use, but as with all drugs people can have intolereances which mean from the first try, they can become fataly ill.

you can also die from taking too much speed in one go.
  • Options
    well how much then would be considered an overdose for some people,i know it depends on how long the user has been using,etc but for a first time user/second time.
  • Options
    bongbudda will know...

i dont know much about meth, but, as you said i know it would depend on the individual taking it, the amount of time you were taking it for without a break for your body to return to normal... your surroundings, health etc

id say quite a lot, but it depends on what effect speed has on your heart, blood pressure and lungs, my bf and i have sniffed/bombed a Q in one long continuous session and were fine.

im curious to know how much it would take...

guess theres no real answer.
  • Options
    thinking about it, even a tiny amount is an overdose, not a fatal overdose, but an overdose none the less...
  • Options
    I'll wait for bongbudda's answer as well.Yea just like Cannabis and probably every other drug it depends on the user's mental state at the time and surroundings.Bet you were fucked up after that session.

I wouldn't want to find how much it takes for an overdose

:no:
  • Options
    overdosing is different to each body and its tolerence
  • Options
    Hmmm, tough one really, I'm preaty sure that the LD50 is quite high but it depends a lot on the physical health of the person who takes it.

The most likely thing to happen would be that you'd have a heart attack or stroke or similar from just over loading your system with stimulation.
    Its a very unpleasant way to die.

"(from PDR 1998's amphetamine prescription information)
    Individual patient response to amphetamines varies widely. While toxic symptoms occasionally occur as an idiosyncracy at dosaes as low as 2mg, they are rare with doses of less than 15mg; 30mg can produce severe reactions, yet does of 400 to 500mg are not necessarily fatal. In rats, the oral LD50 of dextroamphetamine sulfate is 96.8 mg/kg." erowid.

Obviously though this information is based on using pure, which virtualy no-one does. I would suggest that because purity is unknown personal reaction would really be the only way to tell the dose needed.

However I would think that you'd need more than a gram of high qaulity and more than 4 or five grams of poor quality.
  • Options
    OD-ing by injection is more common - while the effects of OD-ing may not fatal amphetamine induced psychosis can lead to all sorts of nasty complications