Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Career Advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know somewhere to get decent career advice? The job centre is shite and Connexions only help under 19's! I cant do design cos i've had no luck at all after a year of searching and have no clue what I want to do, or can do with a degree in design! Need some advice from someone, but dunno where to find it! :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Careers Services National Association
    Careers centres differ around the country in which services they provide to people. Depending on which company is in charge of your area, The advice may be free to everyone or restricted to certain groups of people.
    Telephone: 01926 318255

Good luck! Also, if you're doing anything creative, you could also have a couple of interesting side-projects on the go, offer your services for free to charity/local theatre etc, or collaborate on something with other people.

http://www.thesite.org/magazine/work_and_home/networking.html
  • Options
    Thanx very much Karla :)
  • Options
    Just a thought, but have you looked at www.channel4.com/ideasfactory ? (I think that's right!) I haven't looked at it myself, but it supposed to be all about careers in the creative industries, so it might give you some new ideas about how to use your deisgn degree :)