Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ether

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am wondering about Ether,anybody got any personal experiences with it,I have already read about it on Erowid,but want to know some personal experiences on here and where it's obtainable and how much.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Ether
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    I am wondering about Ether,anybody got any personal experiences with it,I have already read about it on Erowid,but want to know some personal experiences on here and where it's obtainable and how much.
    used to be given it in borstal to get oil off my hands from working with tractors. made sure i reported covered in ever increasing amounts of oil each evening. off to the loo cubicle ...fast deep breaths and evrything would start echoing and going very bright and strange. very short lived buzz. have to much and ....i never had to much so i don't know. could be dangerous though. it is after all solvent abuse.
  • Options
    Yea i know,i wasn't thinkin of taking it, I saw it in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and was just wondering about it. Solvent abuse can kill ya sure,dont want that yet.
  • Options
    I think if Hunter S Thompson says that he is scared of it then its something to avoid.
  • Options
    Who is Hunter S Thompson?
  • Options
    He's the genius that wrote Fear and Loathing, and many other books that are even better. AND he happens to be the best political commentator alive, if not ever.
  • Options
    What are the better books and are they all drug related?
  • Options
    His other novel is called 'The Rum Diary' and it really is a stunning piece of work, really really good, not a word out of place. This isnt really about drugs as such, its about him in Pueto Rico drinking a lot of rum and failing to be a journalist, its really worth the read though.

His other stuff includes;

Hells Angels - This is more Gonzo journalism than a novel, its the story of him hanging around with the Oakland Chapter of the Hells Angels for a year or so, very funny and really an interesting view on a group that is preaty secretive.

The Great Shark Hunt - A collection of his writtings, part travel stuff, part politics, part social commentary, All really good. Fascinating, and really mixed stuff, very funny and thought provoking.

Songs of the Doomed - This is his best piece of work I've read, its a collection of articles he wrote during the 80's entitled, Death of the American Dream. It is one of the best pieces of writting ever.

There are others but I cant think of their names of the top of my head, that should get you started anyway.
  • Options
    Some of these books sound interesting,I'll see if i can find any about anywhere in the library and have a read of them.
  • Options
    I had a quick look on my book shelf at home and there are others;

Generation of Swine - This is the second collection of his Gonzo papers, The Great Shark Hunt being the 1st and Songs of The Doomed being the 3rd. This is really good, not quite as good as the 3rd though.

The Proud Highway - This is a collection of his letters from early on in his carear, its quite interesting, but maybe only to true fans, he does rant quite a bit about how he should be a star.

Fear and Loathing in America - This is the second collection of his letters, I havent read this one, but I'm sure its good.

Better than Sex - This is his report on the Clinton election race and his thoughts on the death of Nixon. Again I havent read this one but I'm sure its good.

Polo is my life - I'm not sure if this one is out or will be, he was working on it a while ago, its bound to be good.

Fear and loathing on the campain trail - More politics, Hunters view on the election race in 72 I think. I'm sure this ones good too.

The Curse of Lono - This is another novel, based in the south pacific, supposed to be similar to Fear and Loathing in las vegas. Bound to be great.

EVERYONE should read more Hunter S Thompson, he is a genius, there is absolutely no doubt about that what so ever.