Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How much time do you spend together?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, just wondering how much time do you and ur bf/gf spend together? me and my bf see eachother a few times a week if we can. My best mate and her bf spend every night together, i sometimes get jealous of this, the fact they can see eachother that much etc, am i stupid for being like that towards them?

Comments

• Options
    Re: How much time do you spend together?
    Originally posted by **TiNk**
    am i stupid for being like that towards them?
    No, you're not stupid, but you have to think about how it affects them. Trust me, they will get sick of it soon enough! I spend far too much time with my boyfriend (well, finance, lol) and we argue like cat and dog. I think spending too much time together can actually be detrimental to the relationship, so it sounds like you're striking the right balance!

When we're spending far too much time together we take a step back and spend a few days apart, doing things with friends etc. Trust me, they really will get sick of one another! They say the grass is always greener.... but it isn't! :)
  • Options
    He's away a lot but on average he's home for a weekend once every 3weeks, and I spend most of that weekend with him :)
  • Options
    I see him once or twice a week, and we usually spend the night together every couple of weeks. During holidays it's often more, but at the moment we can't see each other much because of A-Levels :crying:

You don't have to get sick of each other if you spend lots of time together, but it depends what sort of things you do together or talk about. My boyfriend and I have started doing stuff like making up songs together or playing music together, which is really fun when you've got loads of time on your hands.
  • Options
    I've only been with my new bloke for a couple of weeks, but due to him working long hours during the week and me being in the middle of my A Level exams we are probably only going to end up seeing each other once a week, at the weekend for the moment.

In past relationships I have generally seen the guy about twice to three times a week, except if I went on holiday with them or we had a lot organised together.

This has worked out really well for me in the past but everyone is different.
  • Options
    I'm er kind of seeing 2 blokes at the moment. One of them I see about 3 times a week, the other one I see about 4 times a week. One day on, one day off, my life is getting confusing and I'm tired.

I think it's best to just see your bloke a few times a week or else you get bored of each other and don't have a chance to miss each other. And you have nothing to talk about!
  • Options
    I wish my girlfriend and I could be together a lot more often, but sadly that's not yet possible. Even so, we chat lots every day, which is obviously good. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    I wish my girlfriend and I could be together a lot more often, but sadly that's not yet possible. Even so, we chat lots every day, which is obviously good. :D

:yes: I don't get too see my boyfriend that often due to parents, but the way I see it is the less time we spend together the better it is when we do see each other, same with my dad, but it would be nice to see a bit more of him. I also figure that the more time we spend together the more we will probably end up arguing (I've seen it with two of my best mates) and I don't want that to happen!
  • Options

i notice you dont mention who she is mobily..... so i wont either everyone will have to keep guessing

but i normally see my better half as often as i can but not as much as i whould like..... so normally its only a couple of times a week
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    i notice you dont mention who she is mobily..... so i wont either everyone will have to keep guessing

but i normally see my better half as often as i can but not as much as i whould like..... so normally its only a couple of times a week

And you know that is not my fault! I would LOVE to spend more time with you - gets me away from home, but my mum thinks you will try and get me into bed :rollseyes:
  • Options
    its only a couple of times a week

:eek2: But you only live 10-15 minutes walking distance from one another! :eek2: Why not climb through her window? :naughty: Great way to make the in-laws happy. :lol:
  • Options
    :eek2: But you only live 10-15 minutes walking distance from one another! :eek2: Why not climb through her window? :naughty: Great way to make the in-laws happy. :lol:

Now see, if he did that, he would have to climb over the conservatory aswell as go through the gate and make the dog bark - I don't think that would work somehow!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    Now see, if he did that, he would have to climb over the conservatory aswell as go through the gate and make the dog bark - I don't think that would work somehow!!!!

you know.......suddenly that sounds possible...... i got a couple of hours before work
  • Options
    my mum thinks you will try and get me into bed :rollseyes:

She can't really trust him, then, although trust is of course built up over time. I suggest that you make full use of the time that you are allowed and not to intentionally annoy your mum. I'm sure, with time, that she'll realise that you two are good together (you seem to be) and thus grant you permission to see each other more regularly. Patience is a virtue, although Sam has none. :D
  • Options
    you know.......suddenly that sounds possible...... i got a couple of hours before work

Stepdad's outside working on our garden - don't see the point of getting a new one if we might be moving but there you go :rollseyes: so you would have to get past him aswell!
  • Options
    Patience is a virtue, although Sam has none.

thats my saying mobily!!! :p

and you know, i know your right and we have had really bad luck so far... everytime we have been out sofar we have been late back lol
  • Options
    Patience is a virtue, although Sam has none. :D

I noticed that, although he said you were putting the idea into his head Mobily, tut tut!!! :p
  • Options
    I noticed that, although he said you were putting the idea into his head Mobily, tut tut!!! :p
    your not having another dig at me over the cinema yesterday are you? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    your not having another dig at me over the cinema yesterday are you? :rolleyes:

No never . . . would I do that!? :p Nah - I wouldn't have minded except we were in the cinema! :p
  • Options
    just a note to all blokes who want to see the new matrix film...... dont take your gf lol..... she whould'nt leave me alone im not sure if thats a bad thing though :D
  • Options
    My boyfriend and I live together so we see eachother way too much. Sometimes I go and stay with my sister or have a night out and stay at a friends just so we can have a break or he'll go to stay with a mate and have a night out without me.

A normal day means that I am up way before him, walking the dog which is nice because I have an hour to myself. If he wakes up early it really puts my morning routine out.

Then I'm in work From 9.30 - 5.30 and I don't get home til 7, he might be home at 7.30 and we watch Eastenders and some other TV and walk the dog together but then often I'll be off doing something else while he's watching TV so the next time we see eachother is when he comes up to bed!

On a weekend I generally go shopping or visit my friends and he'll do his own thing. Sometimes we spend all weekend together and its nice or horrible depending on what moods we're in.

Before we moved in together we probably saw eachother 3 times a week and spent Weekends at his flat. During that time I was a typical woman, wanting to see him more than he wanted to see me - until I realised its not abnormal for him to want to spend some time chilling out on his own.

One funny thing - I went out last weekend and got home a lot later than I said I would (Drinking with my mates...) and he asked me (Half joking) if I had a secret boyfriend! he he he...
  • Options
    I'm in the same postion. My bf goes to college on the other side of the country. I see him almost every weekend on Friday night and Saturday night. About once every three weeks i'll go stay with him in college. . .there'll be no staying together over the summer though!:(
  • Options
    just a note to all blokes who want to see the new matrix film...... dont take your gf lol..... she whould'nt leave me alone im not sure if thats a bad thing though :D

He he :blush: tell the world why don't ya! :rolleyes: