Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Going For A Piss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it just me right sometimes after a hard night on pills like 4 or 5 + the next day im busting for a piss & just cant go !!!:rolleyes:

its like someomone else has taken control of by bladder and i have to so concertrate to go

Just me or anyone else get this ? (ive been doing pills for 10yrs btw so its nothing new)

Comments

• Options
    Your dehydrated mate I think. Get some water down your neck.
    My mate once had this whilst out (well we'd been out and back at someones house) and he didn't have a clue what it was. He found out eventually when he was laid in hospital. He got told it was dehydration.
  • Options
    thats bloody annoying...

i think lickalot is right, i always thought it was down to dehydration, thats why now on my post-pill up-chillout days i keep a 2litre bottle of water in the room with me--it doesnt all get drunk, its bloody impossible but it does help with the pee-ing ;)

the water makes u feel a billion times better too... so u get to kill 2 birds with one stone as they say...
  • Options
    It's not down to dehydration. Ecstacy releases a water retention chemical in the body, that well, retains water :p
  • Options
    *wow* clever kiezo....

so everybodys been lying to me just to laugh at me with my big water bottle...:rolleyes:

the water does help tho, i drink it--need to pee--and then--pee for hours ;) ..nice..
  • Options
    cheers for youre replies :)

as i say its ony after a real hard night the next day and its not always either, but i can braek out in a sweat just trying to go and im busting ...........damn annoying

maybe i shouldt take so many...........but i love em :D

oh just talking about them makes me wanno go out & party & get spangled:crazyeyes
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Ecstasy is an anti-diuretic which mean it's stops you from pissing!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    ...which also means you shouldn't drink too much.

The Department of Health in this country has included in its publicity the words 'water is an antidote to dancing, not an antidote to ecstasy.' People are recommended now to drink one pint of water or isotonic fluid per hour if they are dancing vigorously and not more than one cup of fluid per hour if they are not dancing vigorously. This modification of the original harm limitation message may help to avoid the two potentially fatal extremes of hyperthermic collapse (heatstroke) and hyponatraemia (water intoxication).
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    yeah thats true about drinking when on E...

but cus of media hype, about keeping hydrated and such like, people drink too much and end up ill, or the reverse happens and because of stories about drinking too much, people dont drink enough...

when i take E i always plan to drink a bottle of water, or a sports drink every hour--but it never turns out that way, ill either down 25 alcopops/beers if im at a rave, drinking too much (and with the alcohol-getting even more dehydrated) or if im at home with friends, nothing at all...

its hard to get a balance.

but the day after its a good idea to start re-hydrating again.

and i sware by it to help me pee again--but maybe thats a mental thing?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    It's not down to dehydration. Ecstacy releases a water retention chemical in the body, that well, retains water :p
    How do you dehydrate then if this is the case?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    How do you dehydrate then if this is the case?

Because your dancing so much, you loose lots of water through sweating! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr Maypoo
    Because your dancing so much, you loose lots of water through sweating! ;)
    :)
    I was just wondering about the point of water retention. It's not like you can never have a piss, only when you are dehydrated do you need a piss and nothing comes out, otherwise I piss for ages.
  • Options
    When your coming down and cant piss the likely hood is that your just dehydrated, but I wouldnt advise just necking loads of water down you, once the pills wear off completely you'll just be sitting on the loo for ages.

You could take some Vit C, that would help, it would also help you to flush out the MDMA/whatever out of your body. About a gram will be plenty.

You have to get a balance, its not wise to drink too much because you cant actualy do yourself some nasty damage that way too, just drink when you get thirsty. And dont drink booze or too many caffine drinks.