Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kissing and Bad Breath

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone get really put off by bad breath? (or have it themselves)

Espacially if you go to a club and snog someone and they've got Beer Breath or they are a smoker.

Do you just forget about it and try and enjoy the kissing or does it just make you cringe?

Have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend that had really bad breath and did you tell them to get it sorted?

I don't smoke but when I go clubbing it seems like 95% of the girl in the club do .. which I find a turn off .. it seems guys are smoking much less then girls these days.

Comments

• Options
    Well.. If its like some random girl i'm pulling, they don't tend to have bad breath.. Since I do carry about a packet of chewing gum around with me, to keep the minty freshness.. So I havnt really had any experiences with bad breath.. But beer and smoke breath.. Yes.. Smokings the worst.. Its just :yuck:. I don't smoke myself, and I hate it.

Oddley.. After kissing this girl once... I got really really bad chapped lips (as some of you may know, and shut up :p) to this day.. I wonder.. Is that possible.. Chapped lips can be transmitted orally!? But neway.. Thats another story :p
  • Options
    I once dumped a boyfriend because his breath stunk of garlic, and it nearly made me honk :lol:

I also can't stand the smell of beer on my boyfriends breath, it makes me sick.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Instie
    Well.. If its like some random girl i'm pulling, they don't tend to have bad breath.. Since I do carry about a packet of chewing gum around with me, to keep the minty freshness.. So I havnt really had any experiences with bad breath.. But beer and smoke breath.. Yes.. Smokings the worst.. Its just :yuck:. I don't smoke myself, and I hate it.

Oddley.. After kissing this girl once... I got really really bad chapped lips (as some of you may know, and shut up :p) to this day.. I wonder.. Is that possible.. Chapped lips can be transmitted orally!? But neway.. Thats another story :p

You can catch cold sores I think from kissing or glandular fever
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXxXxSarahxXxXx
    I once dumped a boyfriend because his breath stunk of garlic, and it nearly made me honk :lol:

I also can't stand the smell of beer on my boyfriends breath, it makes me sick.

Did you just dump him without telling why or at least give him the option to give up the anti dracula smell and beer first?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Did you just dump him without telling why or at least give him the option to give up the anti dracula smell and beer first?

I didn't tell him why, he should have known already :p
  • Options
    Beer breath doesn't bother me as much as smoker breath. Its:yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXxXxSarahxXxXx
    I didn't tell him why, he should have known already :p

Not really, people are to a certain extent are immune to their own smell. It's nature's way of filtering out your own body's smells and odurs so that you can better smell other odurs. If it didn't do this then you'd be smelling yourself all day.

I've twice had a girl say my hair smelt funny when I've only washed it with water and not done the full shampoo, although one of those times at least I'd been walking in the rain with the full London traffic so maybe it was that.

Hair really picks up smells - I stink of smoke when I get back from clubbing and can really smell the smoke the next day when I have to wash my hair a few times to get the smaell out .. and I don't even smoke myself!!

As for fresh breath I don't drink beer cos I never liked the taste and I always try and carry something minty with me when I go out. Aas well as always brushing before a night out.
  • Options
    Beer breath is nasty but I'll put up with it occasionally :rolleyes: Smokers' breath on the other hand - :yuck: I'd never kiss a smoker.
  • Options
    im a smoker, so i dont kiss non-smokers, dont want them thinking ive got smelly breath!!! :yuck: thats just my little rule, had it for eons!

mind you my breath should smell lurvely anyway, im addicted to tit-tacs, buy 3 boxes of the white pearls of wonderfulness a day, every day without fail... theyre one of my many obsessions :yum: love em!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    im a smoker, so i dont kiss non-smokers, dont want them thinking ive got smelly breath!!! :yuck: thats just my little rule, had it for eons!

mind you my breath should smell lurvely anyway, im addicted to tit-tacs, buy 3 boxes of the white pearls of wonderfulness a day, every day without fail... theyre one of my many obsessions :yum: love em!

That's load of calories if you're going through 3 boxes a day.
    However my cousin bought me some JellY Bellies from the USa and I couldn't stop munching them!! They are so wicked - remind me of the film Wilyl Wonka and the Choclate Factory because they taste so real. i.e. ethe popcorn flavour tastes exactly like popcorn, etc.
  • Options
    I know what you mean about smoking!Hardly any boys do it round here.There are twice as many girl smokers.I hate it when I go to a club with my girlfriend!She is a "social smoker" and has a few drags.But i dont mind her doing that cos she looks so damn sexy for some reason.(I hate smoking)But i dont pull with her as much cos her breath smells a tad bit!
  • Options
    I don't tend to notice it when I'm kissing. It's more smelling it beforehand stops me.
  • Options
    altho i make sure i have as good as breath as possible, wiv carrying an endless amount of chewies around wiv me, i dont find bad breath a massive turn off as i thought it wud b..... it duznt really ahve as much as i thought it wud.... who agrees wiv me?