Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who would be prepared to advertise their availability?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Going out to clubs, bars and pubs to meet a potential mate is hard enough without the fear of rejection, one thing some of the gay guys do is wear a hanky in their pocket and leave it hanging out, different colours mean different things.

Gay Hanky Codes

And Men and Women have for hundreds of years used the wedding ring to signal to others that they are taken. But with so many more people with a boyfriend/girlfriend or living together (and hence no ring) there's often very little to tell if someone is available.

Do you think it would be a lot easier if for example wearing a ring on a certain finger mean't you were available and open to being approached just as a wedding ring meant you're taken?

Comments

• Options
    i'm intrigued by those hanky codes....especially Fuscia....likes having armpits sucked???

i think that they're taking the piss there like
  • Options
    Re: Who would be prepared to advertise their availability?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Do you think it would be a lot easier if for example wearing a ring on a certain finger mean't you were available and open to being approached just as a wedding ring meant you're taken?

i dont know.... i think if youve gota bf its fun for people not to know whether youre single or taken...if people can see youve gota man then theyre less likely to try and pull u -- and then where would you get your ego boosts from?! :p

apparantly something like 1 in 4 (i know the numbers ranged from 1 to 4 hehe) blokes take their wedding rings off when they go out with the lads......:eek2:
  • Options
    We noticed that once my friend got married and started wearing a wedding ring on a boys night out he'd get chatted up much more then before..

.. regarding ego boosts for girls... but often a slap in the face for guys

Also remember there are single girls out there that want to be asked out but decent guys are too afraid to.

Plus you hear girls say I've go a boyfriend already so often you don't know if it's true or they are just trying to get rid of you

A guy I know approached a girl on holiday in nightclub in the USA and she just blaintly turned around to him and said ... "go away you're ugly!!"

The guy was totally devistated!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    i'm intrigued by those hanky codes....especially Fuscia....likes having armpits sucked???

just had a thought .. what if you're gay and colour blind?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    just had a thought .. what if you're gay and colour blind?
    then you have a problem, your screwed! :p (no pun intended)
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    :yes:

i agree... been going to gay clubs since i was 15ish and never seen the hanky thing... :p bit far fetched.... :p

although on some nights u get to where a certain colour (usually pink for the gay guys and i think i was green for the lesbians) if your single to advertise it...