Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I can't handle this anymore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
University is really affecting my health, both physically and mentally. I really wish to drop out.

But:

* I'm in my second year and it seems like a waste of money if I do
* What could I do, if I did drop out? Would many jobs be available for someone who only has A levels in French, Business Studies and General Studies?

I really feel helpless and I need to speak to someone. But my parents will just shout at me, and my friends will just say "oh, no! don't drop out! you can do it" which is all very well, but I can't do it.

Many thanks,

Eloping
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It is not necessarily a waste of money, you have still gained the experience and (hopefully) some skills to put on your CV (though you may have to explain to prospective emploers why you dropped out so make sure you have a good reason)

You must have nearly finished your second year so then you have the whole summer to think about what you want to do, look for work etc.......
  • Options
    Yes do finish this second year and think about whether you want to carry on during the summer. It maybe that you could defer have a gap year or do something for a year before going back to education. Think about all the things you will be missing. Think of all the things that you dislike but could put right. Where theres a will theres a way and if I were you I would stick it out for the final year and get what you came to uni for your degree. :)