Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hull uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hi,
im off to hull in september hopefully and was just wondering if anyone will be going aswell or are already there?
l
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Not there but I have been to Hull to see amte who lives round the corner form the Hull campus, nice enough area, everythings dead cheap, you will enjoy yourself I am sure...........:)
  • Options
    I applied there, went on an open day there, and it was shite. The buildings are crumbling, the main residential halls are a mile from the campus, and it is in Hull, which is worst of all.

Hope you have fun:)
  • Options
    hey hippy chick!

lucky you goin to hull uni. as a third year at hull uni, i only hav two weeks left to make the most of it!

i wud defin recommend hull uni. especially the lawns. altho over a mile away from the campus, the lawns has a community of its own, and can be paralled to a 'holiday camp'. a year there and you wont want to leave!

the uni is good, the night life is fab, everything is cheap. just have a fab time. once your'e here, you'll never regret comin!

i had the choice of goin to sheffield and manchester but i chose hull, because of its friendliness. that is one major feature of the uni. furthermore, it is neither too big or too small.

goodluck!

www.thesite.org/magazine
  • Options
    Don't listen to Kermit!
    I've just finished my 2nd year at Hull uni and I adore it. It's so friendly, everything's cheap, there's nightlife to suit everyone, and accomodation is really varied. Some of the halls are a mile from the campus, true, but there are regular buses if you insist on living there. I'd suggest a student house, though. There's a ton of them all in walking distance of the campus, and they're all pretty cheap.
    There's a ton of nice pubs in the student part of town, and loads of great clubs and bars in the city - everything from cheesy student nights to metal nights and everything in between.

As for the uni itself, a lot of it has been improved lately, including the SU which is looking mighty fine at the mo :) And it has bars to suit the kind of person you are... whether you like trad. pubs or posher bars.

Sorry, ranting on, but I do love it here! :D