Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mmmmm, Beer!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I was enjoying a fantastic beer a while ago, Hoegaarden Grand Cru and generaly pondering on the greatness that is beer drinking.
Whats your fav beer?
Personaly I love blond beers like Hoegaarden and the wheat beers like Leff. I'm really not keen on the piss beers (thats the official term by the way) like Bud and Stella.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    personally, I drink cider (warning now about the 15 year old pikey in the park jokes!!!) the best of which was a 25 year old bottle of original Scrumpy which my dad had from his RAF days (we both got very drunk!) Other favourites include Westons Dry Cyder (straight from the glass bottle) and some wierd stuff a farmer had brewed for a beer festival I went to in Exeter once.
  • Options
    Stella.............mmmmmmmmmmm !:D
  • Options
    Gotta agree with bongbudda, Hoegaarden is the best. My sister introduced me to that :yum:
  • Options
    hoegarden is the bomb!!
    the oldman introduced me to that! im also pretty keen on guinness.
  • Options
    Personaly i like a good Ale, Hobgoblin ale is damn nice. I also love:heart: guiness. As far as lager goes i like Becks a alot and lowenbrau is alright. Unfortunatly due to cash flow problems i have been mainly on the white lightning recently......... the stuff does grow on you, ya know! :D
  • Options
    Personally I love blond beers like Hoegaarden

Actually, Hoegaarden is a biere blanche (white beer). Biere blonde is like lager.....:p

It's funny how Hoegaarden is really placed on a bit of a pedestel in this country. When I was working in France, Hoegaarden (as well as Stella) were the bog standard cheap beers, pretty much like Fosters is thought of here. Though Grand Cru was a rarity.

Personally I prefer smoothflow and real ales like Old Peculiar and Youngs special. Lagers all tend to taste the sameto me and I find them too gassy. It pisses me off a little bit though because lots of places these days seem to only have lagers (Fosters, Stella, Carling) and only have John "shitty" Smiths as an alternative. It means you have to end up drinking beer you don't like cos you have no other choice...
  • Options
    Becks :yum:
  • Options
    San Miguel :yum:
  • Options
    Tsing Tao.... :yum: (pronounced 'ching dow') reminds me of the days when i was a waitress in a noodle bar..... :) so fun! (and the beer so yummy!!!)

or Stella when i cant find Tsing Tao for miles around :(
  • Options
    I thought Hoegaarden was classified as a blond beer, thats what it says on the label.
    They do Hoegaarden Grand Cru in Safeway by the way, I recomened everyone goes out now and buys lots.

Although their Julius beer is the best, truely the best beer in the whole world. I've only had it once and then I had to import it from Belgium.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr Maypoo
    San Miguel :yum:

OHH PLEASE GOD NO!!!! You can buy that stuff buy the bucket load over here... for about a quid per litre and a half!!!!
    Donkey piss, as its known, is worse than Cruzcampo, and thats bad!!!
  • Options
    White lightning! You should hang your head in shame, at least drink Strongbow, thats only 90p for a pint can.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    White lightning! You should hang your head in shame, at least drink Strongbow, thats only 90p for a pint can.

I was thinking the same thing. But ive drank it before so i kept schtum :p
  • Options
    I quite like strongbow, all that sugery goodness, its nice, there is something about buying your booze in a plastic bottle thats just a little tacy though.
  • Options
    Strongbow draught or canned... never from those shitty plastic bottles, tastes bad :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    I was thinking the same thing. But ive drank it before so i kept schtum :p

:yes: hehe i couldnt really mock and laugh when im guilty of drinking it... :p ...last week :blush:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Strongbow draught or canned... never from those shitty plastic bottles, tastes bad :mad:

Exactly.

Up until recently I used to love a pint of wife beater (Stella) but one hot day I deciede to try a draught Strongbow and I've never looked back. It's the same with anything alcoholic - if you drink enough of something you learn to love it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Exactly.

Up until recently I used to love a pint of wife beater (Stella) but one hot day I deciede to try a draught Strongbow and I've never looked back. It's the same with anything alcoholic - if you drink enough of something you learn to love it.

i first got drunk at an end of season rugby party (15 years old) on Strongbow, and ive been drinkin it ever since :D
  • Options
    Worthingtons
    Directors
    John Smiths
    Boddingtons

All lovely....

Lager......horrible pop tasting crap
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dan the Man
    Lager......horrible pop tasting crap

:yes: indeedy

Directors
    anything from the Theakston brewery
    anything from the Ringwood brewery

and some random ones
  • Options
    i think my drinking habits are lager and red wine at home. bitter and irish in the bars.