Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What happens if ur sniffed out by dogs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And I mean police sniffer dogs!...

It's never happened to anyone I know, but I'm curious as to what happens.

Do they take u off and strip search u?
Do u get automatically arrested?
Does it go on ur record that u were positively sniffed out, even if they don't find anything on u?

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    well when it happened to us, the dogs didnt find the drugs! my husband had it in his hand and had a lit cigarette, which i think must have cancelled out the smell of the speed, the dog was useless.
  • Options
    Most sniffer dogs are good for finding stuff..It's like an 89% chance they find summit. All that happens is that you'll get a slap on the wrists if it's a small bit of hash/weed for personal or anything else you'll get taken down the nick searched and taken in for an interview.
  • Options
    if it's a rottvileasfuckevil and it starts shagging your leg ...fake an orgasm ...
  • Options
    Well they have the right to stop search you, before which they should tell you who they are, where they are based, why they are searching you and they should write down your details on a form, a copy of which you can get from the station a week later.

During this street search they can ask you to take off your shoes, open your mouth, empty your pockets etc. However they can ask you to take your clothes off.
    However if the dog smelled you then that will probally count as evidence enough for them to take you into custody and do a 'full' search.

As for what will happen, well it depends on what they find doesnt it. They can and still will be able to arrest and put you on trial for cannabis. Its not even being decriminalised.

KNOW your rights, I've heard about dozens of illegal searches, the police only do it properly on an occational basis.
  • Options
    i was at a train station in london with a half oz in my pocket sitting on a bench minding my own business..... and noticed a police sniffer dog walk over and sit by the end of the bench... :eek: i walked away VERY VERY quickly!

Do dogs bark when they smell something in the street? I thought they did... but my mate told me the dog sat down next to me as a signal to the rozzas... or was he just trying to scare me?
  • Options
    Are you sure it was a sniffer dog? There arent actualy that many of them around as its expencive to train them, in London especialy they are normaly kept for doing raids, or at least searching after a raid has taken place.
  • Options
    pretty sure..... well i **think** there were loads of police about for some reason, my mate was convinced so im pretty sure it was! But if it was-wouldnt it have barked at me?!
  • Options
    Could have done, maybe you just got lucky, or maybe it wasnt one.
    Or maybe they arent training them for puff anymore, but I doubt that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    pretty sure..... well i **think** there were loads of police about for some reason, my mate was convinced so im pretty sure it was! But if it was-wouldnt it have barked at me?!

No, they do, just sit next to you. I saw a programme about them a few weeks back.
  • Options
    hmmm... probably was then :eek2:
  • Options
    Never under estimate the power of them dogs hooters believe me this happened to one of mi mates dads triue story right mi mate was a smack head at the time and his dad lived at his girl friends most of the time just came home at weekends now and then so ya can imagine the state the house got in to foil and needles everywhere.Any way to cut a long story short his dad came back one day and he was off to see a bloke in prison and he was rushing about and in the rush he put my mates shoes on in stead of his cors thats where he hide his gear init luckley he had taken it out early but when his dad went into the prison the dog smelt where the gear had been and he had to undergo a full strip search bend over touch ya toes job lol funny now but he wasnt half mad at the time lol The police can stop and search anyone they believe to be carrying drugs ect but for owt like an internal search which they doing alot of round here they either 1 take you to hospital and x-ray ya or get a doctor to do well ya know .They started the x-ray thingys cos they got sick of all the drugdealers specaily herion been up you know where and they couldnt do much but be warned they are doing now .Sorry did i go off the subject abit there iam everso sorry iam off :p
  • Options
    Do they savage the evil drug abuser to death?
  • Options
    last year at creamfields they had sniffer dogs going up and down the Q to get in. i had 7 pills and an 8th of skunk on me and they didnt sniff it.

but if the police dogs do smell somthing they sit down next to you