Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

For those who have partners...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many of you could say 100 % you would never cheat on them?

Just Curious.

I wouldn't do anything without Chris's consent.;) :)

Comments

• Options
    Re: For those who have partners...
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I wouldn't do anything without Chris's concent.;) :)

So have you asked him yet then, cos I'm still waiting ;)

Seriously, have done in the past. Without their knowledge.
  • Options
    Re: Re: For those who have partners...
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Did she have a whip?! :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: For those who have partners...
    So have you asked him yet then, cos I'm still waiting ;)

Lol:naughty: .

Do i assume that this was with your current partner? What makes someone want to stray?
    If a relationship isnt working why not just sort it or end it? this is something i don't understand.
    I'm not having a go by no means just would like to hear some honest reasons etc.
  • Options
    My life wouldn't be worth living if I did :eek:

Probably best to behave myself I think :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    My life wouldn't be worth living if I did :eek:

Probably best to behave myself I think :)

Yeah but if you could get away with it, would you?
  • Options
    I have done with exs & had opportunities to cheat on my current but I've resisted thus far
  • Options
    Yeah but if you could get away with it, would you?

No.

Unless in exceptional circumstances.
  • Options
    No.

Unless in exceptional circumstances.

:confused: Like?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: For those who have partners...
    Do i assume that this was with your current partner?

Yes.
    What makes someone want to stray?

Tough to say. Many things, together with an opportunity. I'm not going to criticise her here, because that would be unfair and you would only get one side of the story, but being unhappy in a relationship can be a result of several things.
    If a relationship isnt working why not just sort it or end it? this is something i don't understand.

Would that it were so simple.

There's a comfort zone, the fear of what would happen if you left. Children. Financial commitments. A feeling that inspite of al lthe shit, there is still a level of love there. It may not be the passion of youth, but you cannot live with someone for so long without caring.

Damn, I could go into so much detail. Put this way - I don't regret what have done, am doing, will do. I can look myself in the eye and say that it took a lot to get me to the stage where I felt the need for physical comfort elsewhere.
  • Options
    I have also er, cheated before on a gf:o
  • Options
    :confused: Like?

Like if she said she'd cheated on me, and she gave me permission to cheat on her to get my own back. Or something like that.

OK, that aint ever gonna happen, but I dunno.

I can't see a situatuation where I would. The guilt would fuck me up as much as anything else to be honest, and I really wouldn't want to lose her :no:
  • Options
    ahem i have cheated on my current boyfriend big style.....:(

i really am trying hard to stop it though :yes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who have partners...
    Yes.

Tough to say. Many things, together with an opportunity. I'm not going to criticise her here, because that would be unfair and you would only get one side of the story, but being unhappy in a relationship can be a result of several things.

Would that it were so simple.

There's a comfort zone, the fear of what would happen if you left. Children. Financial commitments. A feeling that inspite of al lthe shit, there is still a level of love there. It may not be the passion of youth, but you cannot live with someone for so long without caring.

Damn, I could go into so much detail. Put this way - I don't regret what have done, am doing, will do. I can look myself in the eye and say that it took a lot to get me to the stage where I felt the need for physical comfort elsewhere.

I know there is comfort zone, i was with my ex for 6 years & i wasn't happy. I came to realise though that it wasn't what i wanted.
    In the past i kinda cheated on my ex, but now i wouldn't so i can sympathise with both sides. I know the feeling that makes you feel like you need to get it somewhere else even if you aren't looking.
    But surely you know that although you love that person, if they were to find out what you have been doing, it would destroy them more than if you went your separate ways?
    Does it not bother you knowing you could have the sex & comfort from the "right" person?
  • Options
  • Options
    Like if she said she'd cheated on me, and she gave me permission to cheat on her to get my own back. Or something like that.

OK, that aint ever gonna happen, but I dunno.

I can't see a situatuation where I would. The guilt would fuck me up as much as anything else to be honest, and I really wouldn't want to lose her :no:

Thats fair enough :).
  • Options
    I never have and I doubt if I ever could. It causes too much heartache and I know what it`s like to be on the receiving end.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: For those who have partners...
    What makes someone want to stray?
    What if they don't want to stray but they're the most drunk they have ever been in their life (their own fault tho) and someone takes advantage?
  • Options
    I have never been faithful to anyone I've been out with, it's not something I'm proud of, but maybe I've never been with the right person, maybe I have low self esteem, who knows.

Most of the time it's been when I am drunk, feeling low, pissed off at my boyfriend for some reason, and it's mainly just physical.

It's not worth doing it, unless you are a person with no conscience you will feel horrible about yourself.

I have been going out with someone for a few weeks now and during this time have done various stuff with other blokes. I do think to some extent that at the start of a relationship it's different, but I am not proud of myself, especially when you think that he can see it in your face, or that you are going to accidentally blurt something out.

Part guilty, part not giving that much of a shit.

I think once you have been hurt yourself in a relationship, you can put up a protective shield and act like a bitch first, you want to be the one in control so you can't be hurt again.

And so it ends up being a cycle with people getting hurt.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who have partners...
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    What if they don't want to stray but they're the most drunk they have ever been in their life (their own fault tho) and someone takes advantage?

True, but being drunk does stop someone saying no.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who have partners...
    But surely you know that although you love that person, if they were to find out what you have been doing, it would destroy them more than if you went your separate ways?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Either way will involve a lot of heartache.
    Does it not bother you knowing you could have the sex & comfort from the "right" person?

Yes. I thought that I'd found it a couple of years ago. Unfortunately the other person didn't.

Hell, I thought I'd found it 15 years ago, but we don't seem to have it anymore...

But don't get me wrong. It isn't just about sex, it's about physical things like a hug if I'm down, someone who I can talk to where we have more in common, becuase - due to life - we have grown apart.

You know, I used to laugh about the "she doesn't understand me" jokes, but to be honest I now know what that means...
  • Options
    True, but being drunk does stop someone saying no.

Not necessarily, but it makes it much more difficult I reckon.

That's why I don't really like going on a night out without her nowadays, just incase I have one too many and the worst comes to the worst.

It's weird :eek2:
  • Options
    I know I wouldn't. I have had the opportunity but not crumbled.

It's been done to me before BIG-TIME and completely destroyed me. Don't think I would have the heart to do it to someone.

Infact I once phoned up a g/f finished with her over the phone at 3am so I could go away with someone at a party.
  • Options
    I was cheated on by my last gf, and it took me a long time to get over it - so I would never do that to someone else. I've had the chance lately and just said no - I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt.

So no, I never have and never will.
  • Options
    I would NEVER stray whilst in a relationship. I think people who do stray are bang out of order, if you are not happy in a relationship then GET OUT !!! then do what the hell you like.

People have no excuses for straying, sorry but I feel very strongly on this. Id never like to be cheated on as im sure many of you would not, so dont do it to anyone else...............end of story :)
  • Options
    I have in the past, but totally regret it now. I kind of got sucked into feeling a certain way and it totally overtook me, but if I could go back and change things I would.

There was no one real reason apart from stupidity, and a number of other things within my relationship that I wasn't able to face up to like the adult I was. The other person wasn't the reason for the problems, they just were a way for me to run away from them.

I feel like a heartless bitch now whenever I think about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I would NEVER stray whilst in a relationship. I think people who do stray are bang out of order, if you are not happy in a relationship then GET OUT !!! then do what the hell you like.

People have no excuses for straying, sorry but I feel very strongly on this. Id never like to be cheated on as im sure many of you would not, so dont do it to anyone else...............end of story :)

Yay, someone who agrees with me. :D
  • Options
    Not necessarily, but it makes it much more difficult I reckon.

Maybe more difficult, but not impossible, i really don;t see it as an excuse. If you want to be faithfull you can, simple.

Yes it is that simple, if you truely love someone, then you would never want to hurt them.
    Thats what i think anyway.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yay, someone who agrees with me. :D

Someone else who agrees with you.
  • Options
    Nope never and especially not if I was the most drunk I'd ever been. If I was the most drunk I'd ever been I think sex would be impossible.