Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I get on with people at all ages really. Doesnt really matter. Im 18 now (19 in June) It all depends on the person
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i'll be fifty in june. the good side of being older is all the bullshit has gone. i haven't realy got any secrets. everyone more or less knows who and what i have been, who and what i am now. spots no longer trouble me. i have few money problems. i sing. i smoke and drink. i have loads of kids and four grandchildren. i've done my bird ...you lot are just starting yours ...

That didn't really answer the question...
  • Options
    I'm 20, I've got mates aged between about 18 and 24, and a couple of my flatmates are 29 , who I get on with well. So most ages really, though I suppose it's more difficult to see people over about 30 as equals, and I feel a bit 'intimidated' and 'young' next to them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    :rolleyes:

:wave:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Black Hole Sun
    :wave:

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    That didn't really answer the question...
    sorry chaos. younger people mostly. old old people realy try my patience. most people i meet these days who are my age listen to extremely middle of the road muzak ...which i can't stand. lot of people my age spend their every waking moment trying to be young ...the clothes, the piercings etc ...for fucks sake grow old with some dignity and fire in your bellies! age not realy a problem, it's attitude. i like you or i don't. maybe i'll try and like you but maybe i won't. do i realy give a toss if someone doesn't like me ...not realy no. lifes good. i aint going to do to much worrying about someone not likeing me. younger people mostly.
    i like this place for that reason. try going on a site for the middle aged ...you soon get pissed off with them talking about roy orberson and elvis!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sorry chaos. younger people mostly. old old people realy try my patience. most people i meet these days who are my age listen to extremely middle of the road muzak ...which i can't stand. lot of people my age spend their every waking moment trying to be young ...the clothes, the piercings etc ...for fucks sake grow old with some dignity and fire in your bellies! age not realy a problem, it's attitude. i like you or i don't. maybe i'll try and like you but maybe i won't. do i realy give a toss if someone doesn't like me ...not realy no. lifes good. i aint going to do to much worrying about someone not likeing me. younger people mostly.
    i like this place for that reason. try going on a site for the middle aged ...you soon get pissed off with them talking about roy orberson and elvis!!!!!!!!!

much better :)
  • Options

Oi I like Roy Orbison :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Oi I like Roy Orbison

Beegees, Beatles, and all the other 60s groups? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

Hey when did you see my C.D collection ;)

I like all kinds of music, even new releases :lol:

My Daughter was watching kids stars in their eyes and shes decided when shes 10 shes gonna go on stage, so after school shes had me listening to her C.Ds to see who she sounds like. She then gave her mic to me and I had to pretend to be Kylie :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    more kind of tom waits, leonard cohen, frank zappa, grace slick, bob dylan, captain beefheart, jimmi hendrix, moody blues, pink floyd, the groundhogs, etc etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Hey when did you see my C.D collection ;)

I like all kinds of music, even new releases :lol:

My Daughter was watching kids stars in their eyes and shes decided when shes 10 shes gonna go on stage, so after school shes had me listening to her C.Ds to see who she sounds like. She then gave her mic to me and I had to pretend to be Kylie :lol::lol:
    *squeals*
    AWWWWWW! that is so sweeeeet!:)

You have just actually made me want kids. :eek:
  • Options
    more kind of 1)tom waits, 2)leonard cohen, 3)frank zappa, 4)grace slick, 5)bob dylan, 6)captain beefheart, 7)jimmi hendrix, 8)moody blues, 9)pink floyd, 10)the groundhogs, etc etc.

1)who?
    2) ahhhhh, best @ 3 on a sunday afternoon with a roaring fire and lots of drugs.
    3)for those mad moments @ parties.
    4) who?
    5)my dad loooves him
    6who?
    7)mmmmmmm air guitar
    8)played to me once by a friend. Boring
    9)Ye Gods.
    10)Ye Who?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    *squeals*
    AWWWWWW! that is so sweeeeet!:)

What a sight I was lol

Singing in the mic with her disco lights going lmfao

im a bloody loony I think :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Anyways, as far as the question goes: I love all ages at diff. times and in diff. doses. If I spend too much time with anyone I get peed off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    1)who?
    2) ahhhhh, best @ 3 on a sunday afternoon with a roaring fire and lots of drugs.
    3)for those mad moments @ parties.
    4) who?
    5)my dad loooves him
    6who?
    7)mmmmmmm air guitar
    8)played to me once by a friend. Boring
    9)Ye Gods.
    10)Ye Who?

1: talented songwriter/poet dude
    7: yes, and also god :p
  • Options
    I'm 21 and I usually get along better with older people. I just seem to get along a lot better with older people then I do with people my age or people younger then me because for me, well most of the older people that I hang out with, I can just get along better with because they are more understanding of me and my situation and my life.
  • Options
    i'm eighteen years old and the vast majority of my mates are between 19 and 26.:D
  • Options
    im 18 and tend to get on with people who are older than me....... i seem to find MOST people younger than me are immature but then there are exceptions