Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

strange email

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just got a really streange email. It was from a sergant (sp?) in the army called Mario, it was a personal email he had written to his loved one. It told her about how they are being treated well and although it is quite cramped, they are getting on well together and get transported everywhere. It was well weird. I think he may have just sent it to the wrong address, but something in my head is saying this is slightly unlikely.

I have emailed it back and am waiting for a reply. Has anyone else ever got an email by mistake, that wasnt to them? whats the likeliness that it was just sent to the wrong address? It doesnt look like spam but do you think it might be??? ooh, how wierd :confused:

Comments

• Options
    spooky. nah i haven't got any but it's well spooky. sounds like a message in a bottle kinda thing. but an email in an inbox instead. :eek2:
  • Options
    my boyfriend has the same name as a lecturer at his uni and gets loads of mails about work and stuff, and not so long ago he got one from another lecturer basically asking if they can still be friends for professional reasons and not to let what happened get in the way of work!

He just forwarded it on saying 'i think this is for you......'
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    How peculiar.. I get weird emails every now and then and just tend to delete them to be honest.. Perhaps when/if he emails you back you'll discover whether it's genuine or not..

It might be one of those spam things who contacts you so when you reply, they know that the email account is active and will continue to flood your inbox with cack...
  • Options
    oh i hope not, i dont want loads of shit in my inbox, ive got enough as it is! off to a lecture x laters ;p