Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

speaking about sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why is sex rarely talked about? everyone or nearly everyone does it at some point in their life so why isn't sex openly talked about?

Comments

• Options
    Good question.

It is almost certainly discussed a lot by younger males and females, sometimes without any regard for the place in which they are talking. But this is fair enough, for I am sure everyone has done it irrespective of whether they admit it or not.

As you become older, you tend to discuss sex (and indeed relationships) less openly. Indeed, you generally keep it to yourself for it is, after all, a personal topic.
  • Options
    it's spoken about between friends a lot. and it's becoming more accepted in the media. and forums like this help. i think more people are talking about it nowadays than even five years ago. and i am doing an assignment on this subject next week and have not read any literature.

i'm fucked
  • Options
    Cos we are British!;)

Nah, I talk about it with some mates (some of them I can have a joke about it) but not go into fine detail about it.

It's fun to bring up sometime when your in a mix group of people and you kinda don't know each other that well, It Does really liven things up:p

Or best time is at a works do! Heheheh hearing your boss talk about it quite funny;)
  • Options
    I suppose it also depends on the boss that you have. My boss is gay!!!
  • Options
    Hah, come into my work..menswear department..we cover vibrators to fanny farts..to multiple orgasms..well, I do..:p

We're MORE than open, we're..out there, man :D
  • Options
    I speak about it all the time.

So does everyone i know!
  • Options
    Just about everybody talks about it, but in varying depths. I talk about it with close friends, and joke about it with workmates. No subject is taboo, but even with great friends I still don't talk about it in as much depth, or detail, as I do somewhere like here.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    I speak about it all the time.

Thats because your a whore :p
  • Options
    i constantly talk about it.....and think about it......i worry about how much i think about it actually
  • Options
    I openly talk about to my mates and brothers and that-
    Only one or two of my best mates we go into details like we do on here. Not quite so much but close-
    It helps you to have someone to relate to like that I think.

Talk about it openly with some of female friends actually-
    We kinda help each other, and sexual partners.

As Bt once said "its good to talk"
  • Options
    I don 't have a problem talking about sex, apart from with the parents, but i think that is just respectful really.

I don't think most of the people in my year have a problem talking about sex though - but there are always some that get embarrased. I just think it's natural though.