Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mp3

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have an mp3 that is 4 hours long, is there a way to split this mp3 in to 4 parts to put on cd.

if so what r the good programs to do this

Comments

• Options
    do a google search for "Audacity"

it may work...also do a search for the LAME DLL (lame.dll), which is the mp3 encoder

i know it works on .wav files, and compresses to mp3 using LAME, but might be able to cut up and mp3 file
  • Options
    you got ahead nero? If so the wave editor should be able to manage it (it can handle mp3 files easily!)
  • Options
    the wave editor, will only do .wav's supprisingly... mp3s are highly compressed so harder to edit etc etc. easiest way to do it would be to convert to .wav (winamp has a convertor, however 4hrs in wav is gonna make a large file!!) and use something like GoldWave to edit it.... u can download a trial and crack it ( Eul Grepus does not support cracking software or any other form of piracy, including swashbuckling, burying treasure and parrot molesting :p) simply split into 4 smaller wavs and select save as mp3 :P simple simon
  • Options
    use acoustica mp3 audio mixer, search on yahoo its a free d/l and small file
  • Options
    or you could just do what I said as despite what evil thinks you CAN edit MP3 files with wave editor because nero has a plugin for MP3s that you DO NOT have to download because it comes with it and it is perfectly capable of splitting MP3's. If you do not believe me evil try it.
    I am also not impressed by your sarcasm and I think you should check before you assume it cannot do MP3 files.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    do a google search for "Audacity"

it may work...also do a search for the LAME DLL (lame.dll), which is the mp3 encoder

i know it works on .wav files, and compresses to mp3 using LAME, but might be able to cut up and mp3 file
    I've used Audacity (which is free!) to edit MP3's before, so it does work.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    One problem you might find is that some of the programs mentioned might not actually be able to load a 4hour long MP3 for editing. Of course equally they might depends on how well they been coded.
  • Options
    just curious but what is the mp3?
  • Options
    steve lawler live at harlem nights at the end
  • Options
    I use Audacity to seperate the tracks on my mixes to make CDs, it works fine once you get used to it... only problem is it takes AGES to load the mp3 up (at least it does on mine, mac version), and you gotta get the split points kinda precise, especially if its a continuous mix which yours seems to be, but like I said that's just getting used to it :)