Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Condoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I'm new on this board! I need some advice and opinions...

I know giving head is supposed to be a low risk activity but I've just found out about the amount of STDs you can catch from doing it.
I read somewhere that you should use condoms to protect yourself when doing it.....I was just wondering if anyone here uses them and what the blokes think about it.

I was also wondering if anyone could tell me how they broached the subject of STDs with their partners, to find out if they're harbouring any nasties down there!!!:confused:

Thanx for any help

steph

Comments

• Options
    I don't think there are many easy ways of talking about STDs so I think you just need to be open about it. I talked to my girlfriend about by way of talking about her sex history (not too detailed though) and if she'd used protection. She wanted to get checked anyway (I didn't need to btw) because we wanted to try without condoms while she was on the pill.

As for using condoms for giving blow jobs, I don't know but I'd imagine you'd need some fruit flavoured ones if you want to use them as they smell (and presumably taste) pretty bad normally. I'd see if you could convince them to get a check up at the clinic then at least you can relax.
  • Options
    There is no easy way to approach the subject. If you are close to your partner, then they'll understand. As previously said - just ask. You can always get tested for any STI's for your own piece of mind.