Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My best mate is pregnant!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help! What can I do to help her?

The condom split so she took the morning after pill with no side effects but then was late. I made her take a test this morning and it was positive.

She doesn't want to keep it. Her family would go as he is indian and so would his parents. She is in no place to rais e achild and she doesn't have any concerns about this. I got her the info from the local place on what to do next. She wants me to come with her as she doesn't want her family to find out.

I don't mind supporting her however but I just want some advice on what to do and say, how to help her cope and stuff.

Should she tell her family/boyfriend? Will she regret her actions or not telling someone? How long will it take for her to recover emotionally and physically-will she be able to sleep with her chap?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have no experience of this but just going by my principles and what my instincts would tell me if I were in your situation...

Number ONE is be there for her. Let her talk to you, cry on your shoulder and give her as much of your time as you can - what she's going through must be extremely tough.

I really think you should try to persuade her to talk to her family - even if she's scared about their reaction, it's worse to hide something like this from them, not only psychologically but also because there can be serious health risks associated with an abortion, if that's what she wants to do, and her parents should know about this. Just explain to her that it's better to tell them, and they might surprise her - even if it's a shock, they'll probably be supportive of her and very understanding; she's their daughter after all.

As for her boyfriend... how long have they been together? Does she trust him? Do they have a good and understanding relationship? If it's a casual thing then I can understand her not wanting to tell, but otherwise he has a right to know really - he is the father of this child.

If she wants to talk to someone professional or with experience of this kind of thing, I'm sure there are phone lines like the Samaritans or something more geared towards teenagers and pregnancy.

I hope I've been a little help even though as I said I don't have experience here... but I thought I'd share my thoughts with you. Good luck coping with it, I'm sure it's tough for you as well as her!

*hugs*