Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Conflicting emotions...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dear god. About an hour ago Laura was standing next to me, reading over my shoulder, and I had to physically force myself not to kiss ehr. I really was drawn to her because deep down I have feelings for her. On the surface I am annoyed at her persistent sarcasm and a little angry she's fallen for my best mate but deep down I'm hurting cos I do care about her loads.

And even now when I'm starting to see what's nice in other girls, and one girl in particular I have a little crush on I guess, my feelings for Laura are still strong and.. I just want life to go back to how it was you know?

Bah grrr not fair.

Comments

• Options
    *hugs* I know exactly how you feel. Apart from i dont have a reason not to- He isnt being nasty to me and it wasnt a bad split. I still care for him and at times he shows me he does too. and sometimes we lose site of it all and do kiss etc and the recovery process gets put back alot!

All i can suggest is keep reminding yourself how much she hurt you and eventually it will lessen.
    Have you got Kazaa? If you do download Bif Naked- "I love Myself Today". Its all about moving on after a bad break up and getting your respect for yourself back again. Its the song i run my lfe by at the moment! I can PM you the lyrics if you prefer.

Life never goes back to how it was cos its a one way journey.
  • Options
    Originally posted by faerielights
    *hugs* I know exactly how you feel. Apart from i dont have a reason not to- He isnt being nasty to me and it wasnt a bad split. I still care for him and at times he shows me he does too. and sometimes we lose site of it all and do kiss etc and the recovery process gets put back alot!

All i can suggest is keep reminding yourself how much she hurt you and eventually it will lessen.
    Have you got Kazaa? If you do download Bif Naked- "I love Myself Today". Its all about moving on after a bad break up and getting your respect for yourself back again. Its the song i run my lfe by at the moment! I can PM you the lyrics if you prefer.

Life never goes back to how it was cos its a one way journey.
    :yes:

Also do remember that the more you see Laura, the longer it'll take to get over her. I know it's hard because you're at college together, but try not to make her a big part of your life any more - like why was she at your house? Trust me, on my own experience and the experience of some of my friends, it's so much easier to get over someone - and to be friends with them later on if that's what you want - if you give one another a little space until you've recovered.

Smile :) life isn't always that bad. As you've said, there are other girls and in a while your feelings for Laura will fade and it'll all be easier.

*hugs*
  • Options
    These conflicting emotions are natural.

I dont have to see my ex much, but I still have strong feelings for her, and fancy her like mad still. But Iam also trying to move on to other women, which has been working....for the last...2 days.

I guess what Iam trying to say is that what your feeling is natural, and although at times it becomes easy to forget whatever hurt you have felt due to that person, I personally think that if someone purposefully hurts you, then they dont deserve you as a friend or anything else.
  • Options
    maybe i should spend less time with her. but as friend, and within our group, i care about them all, and am very... whats the word? like loving, but no so romanticy... ah well theres a wod somewhere, and we give each other hugs etc and its a very close-nit group, and it would still hurt not to see her, not because i would miss her as a girlfriend, but because i would miss her as a friend. you know?

anyway last night I had a dream (me and my dreams lol) and now I am in a different sandpit - I reckon at my age (15) I should be having more fun, less serious relationships because a) I can get experience at meeting girls and being in a relationship and b) once you are in a proper proper serious relationship that is the last person you will ever date, and I think I am going at least have to sample the water, so may as well be now than when im having an affair at 40...

the problem with that is it's just so not me. I'm a nice, sweet, caring, sensitive guy. I don't like to get lots of girls on the go or anything, but, grrrr. But at least the interval between feeling normal and last seeing Laura is certainly getting smaller...
  • Options
    15 and worrying about relationships? I was always too shy to do anything about schoolboy crushes when I was that age. You might think you really love someone at 15 but more than likely, it is your hormones playing around with you as well as your first encounter with your emotions.

The way I see it is that the more hurt you get at a younger age, the more cynical you become when you get older and start proper relationships.

My advice would be to enjoy the relatively carefree life you have when you are young and tell yourself that these urges to be with women are just that; urges.

Wait till you've seen a bit more of life and have more to offer to someone then think about relationships. Don't undervalue friendships either as they often lead to the best relationships. At least you know them before you commit yourself.

Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    i care about them all, and am very... whats the word? like loving, but no so romanticy... ah well theres a wod somewhere, and we give each other hugs etc and its a very close-nit group,
    Tactile?? Affectionate??
    You WILL get over her, but its still early days. give yourself a chance. Its bound to be hard at first, but try and distance yourself from her as much as possible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Tactile?? Affectionate??
    You WILL get over her, but its still early days. give yourself a chance. Its bound to be hard at first, but try and distance yourself from her as much as possible.

Affectionate yes. I would miss her tho if I distanced myself... that's the prob
  • Options
    you would miss her more in the short term if you distanced yourself, but in the long term it would be better, and then when youre more over her, you would be able to be a truer friend to her than you can when youre not over her.
  • Options
    I think at 15....I just wanted to get laid....nice to see things have changed :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    you would miss her more in the short term if you distanced yourself, but in the long term it would be better, and then when youre more over her, you would be able to be a truer friend to her than you can when youre not over her.

Hear, hear! If you follow the same routine, for instance seeing her every day and doing exactly the same things together, such as talking, then you will not be able to 'grieve' and get over her. As difficult as it will be, you should temporarily distant yourself from her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Hear, hear! If you follow the same routine, for instance seeing her every day and doing exactly the same things together, such as talking, then you will not be able to 'grieve' and get over her. As difficult as it will be, you should temporarily distant yourself from her.
    hear hear!

*starts chain of 'hear hears'*

Basically ShyBoy, you need space away from her before you can move on properly. Trust us. We've all been there before.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Basically ShyBoy, you need space away from her before you can move on properly. Trust us. We've all been there before.

But I think it's important not to be unfriendly and rude in doing so. For instance, my ex. girlfriend and I spilt up about 2 months ago after a long-term relationship, on a seemingly OK note. Since then, I have sent her a couple of emails to which she has not replied. This is indicative of the very thin line between distancing yourself and being rude.
  • Options
    Life never will be the same, even if you got back together. Plus she's messed you about once, and therefore could well do it again, and you know it.
    After I broke up with an ex who cheated on me, she was asked me one day "Do you think we could ever get back together". Of course, I knew the answer was no. I couldn't trust her, and I'd discoverd ove the 18 months we were together that she was a nutty (seriously, she had a few mental problems). The thing is, I still fancied her like mad, and waas still in love with her. I was never completely sure if she asked me that question because she wanted to make me realise that, or if it was because she was interested in us getting back together?
    I still fancy her, even now, and have some feelings for her. But as time goes by they become weaker.

Mr_Wobble ;)