Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

fucking parents.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my dumb ass bastarding mother is so damn stupid.

she knows damn well im on anti depressants/sleeping tablets and im on them because i cant sleep at night fullstop no matter how hard i try,shes insistant that through my school holiday she wants me up at 8 everymorning without fail and yet ive just gone to take my tablets only to find them gone,

so i have to go on a hunt and then ask her what shes done with them to find shes locked them in her cabinet so i have to hunt for the keys,

if you knew your teenage daughter was on anti depressants you wouldnt steal them would you?

/rant over.:mad:

Comments

• Options
    Ouch. She needs to rethink her ways. Silly woman.
  • Options
    My mum wasnt happy when i went on them at 15 either, (dad left and had lots of shit going on) but she knew better than to steal them!

have you tried explaining to her that you need your tablets and she will mess up your recovery process if she causes you to miss one?
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    My mum wasnt happy when i went on them at 15 either, (dad left and had lots of shit going on) but she knew better than to steal them!

have you tried explaining to her that you need your tablets and she will mess up your recovery process if she causes you to miss one?

a million and 15 things,
    shes one of those i know everything and everything i knows right types

half of what she knows is fuckin bullshit.
    shes really ill cause she believes that your only meant to take prescribed medicine until you feel better
    not till its finished.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick

shes really ill cause she believes that your only meant to take prescribed medicine until you feel better
    not till its finished.

anti depressants don't work like that. you need to finish the course, or you'll relapse.
  • Options
    Weird, well i think you drag your ass up to her and explain that the doctor knows best, not her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    relapse.

god I fucking hate that word :(
  • Options
    you really do need to tellher you need your tablets.

and if she's accusing you of feeling better tell her your not. tell her you're feeling suicidal and are trying your god damn hardest to get better, but she's not letting you.
  • Options
    i dont think she ever wants me to come out of it,she knows she put me here and she wont let me out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    i dont think she ever wants me to come out of it,she knows she put me here and she wont let me out.

she put you there? Is this something that you want to explain or is it too private?
  • Options
    abuse and stuff in my early years pushed me to the edge,but in the last 3 years shes just moaned and moaned and moaned and a million of you will say 'all parents moan' but you havnt met one like my mother.she knows its her fault im depressed.nuff said
  • Options
    Oh dear. You're 16 right? I saw move out as soon as possible *realises he probably got the age wrong*
  • Options
    17 i had arranged to move out this summer but she said i couldnt,well shes fucked if she thinks im staying here!
  • Options
    at the end of the day you can do what you want. I know you're not 18 yet, but if its that bad and she's threatening to keep you somewhere you dont want to be... all it takes is one phone call and the social's got you out of there in a giffy.
  • Options
    :( i hope your ok, i really urge you to get out if its that bad, she sounds like she needs help herself. Its discusting taking them away from you!:mad:
  • Options
    if she has taken them away, and you dnt want to have yet another fight just go to the doctors and get some moer with out her knowing about it, keep them hidden, then when you are old enough to leave do it and tell her exactly how youfeel about her and what she is putting you though.
  • Options
    OK try these things

1. Calmy talk her through this all again, you need the tablets, suddenly stopping them can be dangerous etc etc

2. Explain the problem to your GP - they need to know if you aren't able to take your medication properly... safer that way.

3. If your mum refuses to listen to what you calmly and maturely try and discuss with her and you really feel it is hindering your recovery see if you can stay with a friend or relative for a while. It isn't the best idea to move out on your own and have to cope with all the hassles that brings while you are trying to get balanced.

If you need to speak to someone call Careline – For anyone who wants to talk through his or her worries, problems and fears with a trained counsellor.
    Call 020 85141177

Susie

:)