Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

am i really going mad?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello!!!

as most of you know my boyfriend is in the Navy and he came home just over a week ago for 2weeks, anyways all was well he met me in town with a red rose in hand had a few drinks went out on the night time, perfect no rows or nothing. anyays was sat in his room while he went to get some food, looked on his phone missed and recieved call from Laura, asked who Laura was, went absolutly balistic at me for looking and snooping on his phone (fair comment) so after things calmed down he told me he didnt know who she was and he had been sharing a room with 90 blokes or something and they had borrowed his phone etc.

so i rang this lass up, didnt even know jamie or nothing, so my mate said if he is seeing someone else then shes obviously gonna ring in these 2 weeks, nothing, left his phone lying around for me to see no sign, deep down i know he wouldnt do anything i dont think but, we went out in grimsby he knew some lass from down south in navy, went out last night knew some other lass, i dont trust him and i dont know why its me whos cheated in the past.

all we seem to do is argue over petty little things and im awful to him for no reason, i love him more than anything, i feel like im going insane, take saturday for instance he left mine at 4 and went to meet his cousin who he aint seen 4 ages, his cousin asked him to go out, and i went ballistic crying and screming hysterically, all because he was going out, there has gotta be something wrong but what can i do?

i want us to be happy, stable, and get along with eachother, i cant take much more, help! sorry if its been long

Comments

• Options
    I feel like an agony aunt today. :)

You kinda answered it all yourself. His mates borrowed his phone. Missed called. You phone back and she's never heard of your b/f. Sounds obvious to me she was calling for whoever borrowed the phone.

As for him knowing other people. Course he is. He's in the navy. They're on a ship for weeks on end. They get a bit of shore leave and hit the bars. Doesn't mean he's sleeping around.

I think the problem lies in your insecurities. You hinted that you have cheated on him. Why? If you treat your boyfriend as if he's done something wrong then the chances are he might just go do it. He's getting the grief anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    I feel like an agony aunt today. :)

You kinda answered it all yourself. His mates borrowed his phone. Missed called. You phone back and she's never heard of your b/f. Sounds obvious to me she was calling for whoever borrowed the phone.

As for him knowing other people. Course he is. He's in the navy. They're on a ship for weeks on end. They get a bit of shore leave and hit the bars. Doesn't mean he's sleeping around.

I think the problem lies in your insecurities. You hinted that you have cheated on him. Why? If you treat your boyfriend as if he's done something wrong then the chances are he might just go do it. He's getting the grief anyway.

*nods* YOU are the one with the problem. stop being such an evil bitch to him. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    *nods* YOU are the one with the problem. stop being such an evil bitch to him. :(

Although I wouldn't have put it quite like that, yes, I have to agree too. If you really love him, you have to trust him, otherwise your insecurities will be the thing to tear up the relationship rather than another woman.

Talk to him, be honest, say you're just feeling a bit insecure about things but you DO trust him. Apologise for looking at his phone but say that seeing another girl's name there just got the better of you for a minute.

*Hugs*

LSS
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone

Talk to him, be honest, say you're just feeling a bit insecure about things but you DO trust him.

That`s not being honest though is it, cause she doesn`t trust him, she said so herself.

Ennajojo, you`ve gone way overboard. If you can`t let it go then you`ve really got a problem.
  • Options
    i know i have gone way over board and i know i have a problem but what i was saying is i dunno what i can do about it, i dont know where all these insecurities stem from, i know when he goes away i will just sit and ponder over all the rows we have had and will feel like shit. i cheated on him along time ago when we first got together, another thing is violence when i get angry i thrash out and hit him not full on punch i mean push him or whatever, either is wrong and i know it, if it was the other way around it would be terrible etc etc i try to stop it but its like when im mad someone else takes over if you get me........

i want to go and see someone but what the hell do i say its like ill have proof then that im a nutter. its really getting me down all i seem to do is cry and i just wanna curl up in a corner and never get up. how pathetic. im also completly bored with my life just wish i knew who i was and what i wanna do, i feel like im getting left behind. :(
  • Options
    READ THIS. (for your own good)

Insecure girls

good luck with that.
  • Options
    thanks for that, each one of those explanations apply to me its exactly how i feel, i wish i didnt feel like this it eats away inside of me and i just want to scream, i hate it, if only i didnt feel this way.

id love to wake up one morning and just feel happy and content with what i have and feel at ease with myself just so i can trust the people in my life who i care about

its gotta be the worst feeling in the world
  • Options
    However....How come the name has shown up? To put a name into a mobile and match it up to a number then you have to do that manually and It would be a bit odd for one of his friends to put the name of one of their friends in his phone don't you think?

You shouldn't have looked at his phone....but I think you are right to be suspicious!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    However....How come the name has shown up? To put a name into a mobile and match it up to a number then you have to do that manually and It would be a bit odd for one of his friends to put the name of one of their friends in his phone don't you think?

You shouldn't have looked at his phone....but I think you are right to be suspicious!!

Why? Maybe the mate in question doesn't have a phone and put this lassies number in so he wouldn't forget. Ennajojo phoned up and this Karen had never heard of her man. OK, so maybe she was lying and they are having an affair but I doubt it.

Do you have any other 'proof'?

As for your fears of going and speaking to someone Ennajojo I think thats a great idea. It shows that you know you have a problem and want to find out how to combat it. Don't worry they won't think your a nutter and refer you to the loony-bin.
  • Options

hmm thats true.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Why? Maybe the mate in question doesn't have a phone and put this lassies number in so he wouldn't forget.

And youu've done this loads of times when you haven't had your phone eh? How many people have put someone elses number in someone elses phone?

Doesn't happen often does it!
  • Options
    And youu've done this loads of times when you haven't had your phone eh? How many people have put someone elses number in someone elses phone?

Doesn't happen often does it!

You missunderstood. The guy didn't forget his phone. He just doesn't have one. (Believe it or not there are people out there without mobile phones) Or he lost it.

Goes out. Meets a nice lassie. Takes her number and puts it in his mates phone for safe keeping. My mates do it all the time and I get complete strangers phoning me looking for XYZ. You all seem a little hasty to jump the gun.
  • Options
    its never happened to me, and id be a bit pissed off if one of jons friends started putting random girls numbers in his phone. it would seem like they were trying to get him into trouble.
    plus the fact her bf went ballistic when she asked who this girl was - wouldnt he just say `eh? i dont know` when asked. He MUST have known who it was.
  • Options
    Re: am i really going mad?
    Originally posted by ennajojo
    hello!!!

so i rang this lass up,

i know he wouldnt do anything i dont think but, we went out in grimsby he knew some lass from down south in navy, went out last night knew some other lass, i dont trust him

he left mine at 4 and went to meet his cousin who he aint seen 4 ages, his cousin asked him to go out, and i went ballistic crying and screming hysterically, all because he was going out, there has gotta be something wrong but what can i do?

Mmmm- have re-read this and think that you are guilty of that old thing women always do ---expecting your bloke to revolve his life completely round yours...and that only ever spells disaster.

Perhaps you should give him a bit more space!
  • Options
    he did just say that when i asked him (4got to say) but then went ballistic when i started accusing him of cheatin on me, he said he didnt want to be with someone who didnt trust him and why did i have to snoop and be sneaky. fair comment it did sound odd to me, but then again he has left his phone lying around has let me text my mates off it asked me to look after it while we have been out, so deep down i think he has done anything, and i know all the insecurities lie with me, me and my mum had this talk today and she was saying i need to know everything about everything and i dont let jamie have his space, which is true.

while he was away he has only been doing his training and hasnt been allowed out of the camp for 8weeks apart from once when they all went shopping for 6 hours and in that time he rang me about 3times and vice versa, he says he gets so upset that i dont trust him because he is proud of the face he aint never cheated on me, and he feels like a mug at the way i hit him shout at him put him down and make him feel like nothing......its all true, maybe i answered my own question i am completly mad.
  • Options
    yep you are *hugs* you really mustnt hit out, its so wrong, and you wouldnt tolerate it if he did it to you.
  • Options
    thats the thing if he did it to me i would never stand for it and imagine the stick hed get "woman beater" and all that. i wish i could not be this insecure person, its an awful feeling, i want to feel happy and content with what i have i just wish i knew what i wanted out of life