Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

France to start a news channel aimed at US market.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's supposed to be called FNC...the French News Channel...it will be in English. Chirac said he is so frustrated with the difficulty in getting the truth out to America, a consortum(?) of French business leaders will start this news channel. It may originate from Quebec or America.

Comments

• Options
    I read this in The Guardian. Why don't they just take over Fox and stop its ridiculous flag waving antics?
  • Options
    That's who the French are angry at: Fox. My dad said news channels weren't like that when he was young. I asked him if they had t.v. channels when he was young? Blahaaaaaaaaa:lol:
  • Options
    You'll have to take my word for this regarding the influence of Fox. But MSNBC used to have a liberal or more balanced line up. The ratings for Fox were higher, and now MSNBC have put conservative talk shows in place of the liberal ones.

I wonder if people tune into Fox, like the O'Reilly show, because it's so odd to hear someone on t.v. ranting against people in a political way. It's like tabloid t.v....I could be wrong but that's the impression I've gotten.