Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Canadian Cowards.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Canada is making the same mistake France did with us. It's one thing to be against the war. It's another to actively attack us. Beyond the repeated, ignorant statements made by their PM regarding 911...on the anniversary of 911 no less...their head of Defense said that Canada would not turn over any escaping Iraqis, including leaders, to the coalition.

What didn't he just shut the heck up? They don't have any forces in the area anyway. For those outside the US who don't know, Canada just signed a treaty with the US stating that if Canada is attacked by a small army, as what happened in Moscow, the US must send troops in upon request by a certain date.

Canada has so much of the trappings of the UK and none of the character or integrity.

Comments

• Options
    It looks to me like they are making policy descions based on merit and not playing the childish "they're on my side, so i'll be good to them. They were mean to me, i'm not going to help them" game.

As for not handing over escaping iraqi's, I find that understandable.

In fact, in much the same vain I will now state that any fleeing iraqi's I capture I will not hand over to the US as I do not believe they will be treated humanely.

OK, it's pointless me saying it, as I'm very unlikly to capture any iraqi's, but i'm allowed to say it none the less.
  • Options
    Sure they can say it. And Americans can speak with their wallets as they are with France by not going there. Would you hand money to someone who resents you?
  • Options
    Nope, but i would consider it my personal business and not feel the need to go online to tell large numbers of uninterested people about it.
  • Options
    Why not take the more prudent and less belligerent approach for a change pnj and task our leaders to stop ruining our country's name around the globe. Or are you only able to channel your energies into flag waving and blind servitude to your political masters?
  • Options
    What? Sorry the noise of the flag waving drowned out what you were saying.

Actually, I only have a problem with the PM. In my town we make a lot of money off Canadian vacationers in Sept. and Oct.
  • Options
    Re: Canadian Cowards.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Canada is making the same mistake France did with us. It's one thing to be against the war. It's another to actively attack us. Beyond the repeated, ignorant statements made by their PM regarding 911...on the anniversary of 911 no less...their head of Defense said that Canada would not turn over any escaping Iraqis, including leaders, to the coalition.

What didn't he just shut the heck up? They don't have any forces in the area anyway. For those outside the US who don't know, Canada just signed a treaty with the US stating that if Canada is attacked by a small army, as what happened in Moscow, the US must send troops in upon request by a certain date.

Canada has so much of the trappings of the UK and none of the character or integrity.

Firstly, Bush IS a moron as anybody listening to his macho cliche ridden speeches could work out.

Secondly, I'm sure that if Saddam Hussein turned up in Quebec then he would be duly handed over - but to who? Why should Canada hand over Ba'athists to a brutal regime that has admitted torturing its prisoners? If the US had signed up to the International Court then you might have a point but if Canada wants to protect a persons human rights then they have a persuasive position.

Canada and the US are largely integrated economy wise, so why shouldn't they be integrated militarily?

And in reference to your point about the UK having character and integrity, I believe you are talking about one PM who went to war against the will of the Majority of this country's populace. THAT takes character, although where his integrity comes into it i'm not sure.
  • Options
    And once the war went well, 65% of the Brits backed him.

Your comment about the Cuban camp for enemy combatants is unsubstantiatable. No one has gotten in there. One sign that the prisoners are being treated well is that the Arab special ops corps who fought in Iraq, Yemen and Pakistan came from there. So they must have been treated well to be convinced to fight against Al Qaeda.
  • Options
    As posted in your other thread... back that % claim with concrete proof.
  • Options
    This is what it is now. It goes up and down a bit. From Sky News:

Thankyou for voting. Here are the poll results:
    Iraq: Was it worth going to war?
    Expires:20 Apr 2003

Yes 60.75%

No 39.24%

I don't lie I'm an American. You must have mistaken me for someone from Old Europe.
  • Options
    An online poll is far from an official "scientific" poll, pnj. Those who have voted are not necessarily even from the UK (as is demonstrated by your vote).

This being a much more telling measure of the current UK public opinion...

(as posted in another thread)

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/polls/story/0,11030,916494,00.html

Yes there has been some increase in support but it remains the minority opinion in the UK.
  • Options
    I can see your point.

How did you know I voted?:naughty:
  • Options
    Because you posted "thank you for your vote". Gosh but you truly are not attentive to anything, even your own posts, are you?
  • Options
    Gosh but you truly are not attentive to anything

Oh, have I been neglecting you hon? I thought I was being quite attentive. I'm sorry school takes up so much of my time.:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Oh, have I been neglecting you hon? I thought I was being quite attentive. I'm sorry school takes up so much of my time.:crazyeyes

Are you still stuck at elementary politics?
  • Options
    Canada is making the same mistake France did with us. It's one thing to be against the war. It's another to actively attack us.

It looks like the Canadians have a shred of common sense. After all, Iraq has never attacked Canada whereas the U.S. has attacked Canada on multiple occassions.
    Beyond the repeated, ignorant statements made by their PM regarding 911...on the anniversary of 911 no less...their head of Defense said that Canada would not turn over any escaping Iraqis, including leaders, to the coalition.

Good.
    What didn't he just shut the heck up?

Because he is the head of a sovereign nation. . . of course for Yankee warmongers and imperialists this can be a problem.
    They don't have any forces in the area anyway. For those outside the US who don't know, Canada just signed a treaty with the US stating that if Canada is attacked by a small army, as what happened in Moscow, the US must send troops in upon request by a certain date.

Where is this treaty?

ROFL the "integrity" of the UK? I suppose you are talking about something that simply does not exist. Just look what the UK did to South Africa and Rhodesia which fought for the British in two world wars and with the Americans in Korea. The UK deserted them to genocide and marxist savagery.

card-tony_blair_lapdog.jpg
  • Options
    Sure they can say it. And Americans can speak with their wallets as they are with France by not going there. Would you hand money to someone who resents you?
    oh dear even the canadians are becoming anti american. with the russians the germans the french most arab nations etc etc.
    the list is getting longer pnj. there will be so many countries you don't want to trade with ...don't want to holiday in ...don't even want to talk to. why is this do you think?lost count how many times i've asked him this question. the usual reply is were jealous. we all woke up one morning jealous of america!
  • Options
    Since most Americans have never even set foot out of the country its no big loss to the world MR. Those who do travel do not by and large suffer from the ignorance that fuels the majority view currently in fashion in the US.
  • Options
    Since most Americans have never even set foot out of the country its no big loss to the world MR.

Americans make up the largest tourist market for both France and the UK: we send the most people to those markets. And regarding Europe, cruise ship owners transfered cruise ships from Europe to Miami because of the drop in American tourists...Making Americans fear Europeans...another achievement of the peace movement that mostly had anti-American and anti-Israel-pro-Palestinian signs. Good job guys. Wonder how many jobs your playa hating rants cost?
  • Options
    And most of those tourists are not traveling due to global security concerns and the global economic downturn. Business travel is unaffected, but then you speak without any firm knowledge on just about every issue you post.

It appears despite your claims to the contrary that you have learned nothing. I feel deep sympathy for your father.
  • Options
    Business travel is unaffected

Not true. People are afraid to go to Europe because of the anti-American spectacles we've witnessed. My friends mother refused to go to Paris and they did a video conference call thing. My dad said his friend's company won't let people travel where there's a high alert because they could be liable.

Clandestine. People have the right to rant anti-American stuff. But why would it surprise you that it would turn off Americans? If the news showed Americans marching in the street against Belgians wouldn't you expect people from your country to make vacation plans that don't include America?

I'm very honest and my dad is very proud of me for that.
  • Options
    Americans make up the largest tourist market for both France and the UK: we send the most people to those markets. And regarding Europe, cruise ship owners transfered cruise ships from Europe to Miami because of the drop in American tourists...Making Americans fear Europeans...another achievement of the peace movement that mostly had anti-American and anti-Israel-pro-Palestinian signs. Good job guys. Wonder how many jobs your playa hating rants cost?

PNJ the protests and marches are not against ordinary Americans they are against the Bush administration and the damage they are doing to the world and America. Maybe instead of looking at the result - the marches, try looking at the cause - why people feel they have to march and protest against the actions of the American government. The drop in tourism incidentally is mainly caused by the Bush administration scaring the s*** out of the American people to create the loyalty needed for it to stay in office and creating unnecessary wars to achieve the same end - a Bush victory in 2004.
  • Options
    Canadian troops replaced American troops on peace-keeping duties in order to free up those American troops for combat duty in Iraq. Given the nature of Canada's military, that was a sensible decision. In addition, 35 members of the Canadian military on exchange programs took part in the war in Iraq.
  • Options
    K Greenhat.

But can I still hate their PM? :p
  • Options

10% of americans have passports.
  • Options
    Canada almost allowed two Muslim perverts to sacrifice themselves last night on the bridge leading to Detroit. It is the busiest immigrant crossing from Canada. They had dynamite and lot's of pictures of the bridge.

This convinced me of the importance of fighting what some call radical Muslims, I call death cult perverts, where they are centered: in the Middle East. We can't wait until the perverts offer up human sacrifices on our soil.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    10% of americans have passports.

But there are a whole lot more Americans than there are French, Germans or Brits. 10% of Americans is more people than Australia and New Zealand combined.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    But there are a whole lot more Americans than there are French, Germans or Brits. 10% of Americans is more people than Australia and New Zealand combined.

Thats beside the point. The 90% who never leave the country create a majority bloc uneducated about the outside world.
  • Options
    Took it out for being overly personal. sorry
  • Options
    True. And much of the 10% who have passports and travel overseas are likely to be rather more intelligent and open-minded than the trailer park brigade, therefore seeing through tenuous arguments, boycotts and similar bigotry.
  • Options
    I think the news influences people in the US and it's not always like it's intentional on the part of the news. They have a bunch of news items to cover and only so much time. So it's like here's what's going on in Europe, Blair shaking hands with Bush, here's the Middle East, "death to America" or plots against America...always, here's Europe again, France, Germany, and Russia meet to consolidate a front against the US, back to the US, Wall Street News, White House news, some sensational murder...they always find one..., Iraqi exiles celebrating, news ends with some happy or compassionate story.

Or you've got the Fox Network: "Death to America" Are these people getting in the country? What plots have been uncovered? Troops in Iraq. Happy Kurds/Muslims greeting us, onto Palestine...Death to America. Cut to story about Al Qaeda and it's connections throughout the Arab World...nothing about how many Muslims and Muslim countries have helped us wrong channel for that....something negative on France or news about how the Fox led boycotte of French goods is going.

It's not lack of travel...it's the media in America that forms the opinions. Remember, the East, where all of the terror attacks happened was against the war in Iraq. The MidWest overwhelmingly favored it. The West favored it.