Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Local elections & voting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The English local elections are coming up on May 1st. I have received my ballot paper in the post and in my area we can only vote by post.

Is this a pilot scheme or is this the case in every area?

What do you think of postal voting? Will it encourage more people to vote or not?

I have already voted and posted my paper back to them. (I was a little annoyed to see the BNP have a candidate in my area - I never thought I would see the day :mad: )

Comments

• Options
    My mother lives in your area and she too is voting my post. I am not sure if we are, but I know your area and I share your concerns about the BNP. :(
  • Options
    Postal voting was introduced in the last general election. Personally I think it's more convenient than having to physically going to a polling station. As for the BNP, their views may be obnoxious but I don't feel it's right to exclude them in the context of a liberal democracy.
  • Options
    1 May is also the date for the Scottish parliment and local council elections. Postal voting is useful for those who can't get to a polling station, for instance the disabled of armed forces serving overseas, so yes I do think it is useful. The BNP aren't standing in my constituency, but if they were they wouldn't stand a chance against the Labour and Conservative heavyweights. Not even the Lib Dems have a foothold in South Ayrshire.
  • Options
    Some areas the BNP have got a big advantage though in the fact that fundamentalism (using that word loosely) has generally caused a greater electoral turnout, whereas the apathetic "left/right of the middle" majority have a low turnout.....if you see what I mean :confused:
  • Options
    Oh the horrible BNP, they don't want Great Britain to be turned into a third world cesspool like South Africa - a multicultural paradise with the highest AIDS, rape, and murder rate in the world! They must be stopped!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Heydrich
    Oh the horrible BNP, they don't want Great Britain to be turned into a third world cesspool like South Africa - a multicultural paradise with the highest AIDS, rape, and murder rate in the world! They must be stopped!

Facist.

Anyways...I get a postal vote (because I'm away when the elections are. I'm pleased to say the only candidates in my area are lib dems and conservative.
  • Options
    BNP candidate in my area and I shall be voting for him as well.

My reasons (although I shouldnt have to explain them in a democratic society)

1. I oppose multi-culturalism and the destruction of the tradiotional british soceity.

2. No other party offers the same opportunities to me personally as the BNP.

3. They are a democratic party who appeal to thousands of british people.

4. They seem to be the only political party that are not scared to tell the truth.

5. All the poncy-wet, pink, liberals will get thier nickers in a twist. ;)

6. I love the publicity that the BNP generates, funny thing is, 90% is from the left complaing!:lol:

UP THE BNP, the only party at the moment for true brits!

P.S. I used to be a labour man, but I have been betrayed by them, betrayed by a party scared of its own people. A disgrace.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Semper Eadem
    I oppose multi-culturalism

Why?
    2. No other party offers the same opportunities to me personally as the BNP.

What opportunities do the BNP offer you? With the exception of a facist society, of course.
    4. They seem to be the only political party that are not scared to tell the truth.

Sure, they tell the truth about their "ethnic cleansing" ideals, that's great, but how on earth will it benefit anyone?
  • Options
    Postal voting is not only easier for everyone, but also for many people it's the only way they can vote - ill, disabled or elderly people often can't get to the polling stations (or whatever they're called!) on the day of an election. Obviously it's also good for people who may be away for the weekend or for longer.

About the BNP... personally I can see where they're coming from, trying to uphold the great 'British' society, culture and traditions, but I do feel they're a little extreme and were they to hold any positions of responsibility they would exercise quite controversial policies re: taxes, benefits, immigration etc and would not be capable of running the simpler things like the NHS and education.
  • Options
    Re: Local elections & voting
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    (I was a little annoyed to see the BNP have a candidate in my area - I never thought I would see the day :mad: )

You should be proud to see their name on the paper. It's the sign of a free society that even the lowest form of scum (even those like Heydrich) can put themselves up for election.

Of course, should they become powerful enough to win, they would deny this right to you in the future. Bless them.

@ Semper - fundamentalists, be they religious of racial, only offer conflict. If you are happy for that then go ahead, vote BNP. I would be interested to find out what these people offer you personally which is so magnificent...
  • Options
    Shocked at the way people are using the term British....ok, shocked at the way the BNP use the term British. My family are originally from India, but Iam British. As far as Iam concerned, when a country colonizes another country (by colonize read murder a number of the countries inhabitants and plunder the wealth of the country), the inhabitants becomes their social responsibility.
  • Options
    I find it strange that the extreme left in this country are given a free platform by the media and are treated as acceptable while the extreme right aren't.
  • Options
    Facist.

#1. I am not a Fascist.

#2. The unborn of Britain are going to be the ones who are going to pay the price of the sheer madness of Great Britain's immigration policy. They will scorn the worthless degenerates of today who have sold away the birthright of future generations in the name of political correctness. Fifty years from now we will be well on the way to the final consumation of the Islamic Republic of Great Britainstan - when London is an impoverished Third World city, a cesspool of rape, religious fanaticism, crime, poverty, voodoo, and AIDs like Johannasberg, South Africa of 2003.
  • Options
    Shocked at the way people are using the term British....ok, shocked at the way the BNP use the term British.

Indeed, it is very shocking indeed that the BNP hold the same values the British people did for generations, that Britain was a white European country. Great Britain however today is a country in decline. It is degenerating with each passing year. The British do not even know who the hell they are anymore, just like the Romans in their last days, just like the Americans on the otherside of the Atlantic. I am actually embarrassed my ancestors came from such a place.
    My family are originally from India, but Iam British.

ROFL, truly shocking indeed. As if there is even such a thing as "immigrating" to India which is next to impossible if you are not an Indian.
    As far as Iam concerned, when a country colonizes another country (by colonize read murder a number of the countries inhabitants and plunder the wealth of the country), the inhabitants becomes their social responsibility

There is a nation called India today, a much larger nation than Great Britain, and unlike the UK of 2003 that India tenaciously protects its ethnic integrity.
  • Options
    Why?

See Yugoslavia.
    What opportunities do the BNP offer you?

The BNP is the only party in the UK determined to prevent the UK from becoming another South Africa or another Zimbabwe by the end of this century.
    With the exception of a facist society, of course.

The BNP is not a fascist party. Fascism is a statist ideology, it is not necessarily racist. It is not the BNP who are responsible for the imperialism in Iraq at the moment.
    Sure, they tell the truth about their "ethnic cleansing" ideals, that's great, but how on earth will it benefit anyone?

The UK will benefit enormously from not following in the footsteps of South Africa, Haiti, Rhodesia, and the American South. Importing nonwhite foreigners from all over the world and actually encouraging them to accent their differences is nothing short of complete and utter madness. It is just that sort of diversity - ethnic, racial, religious - that is responsible for the majority of bloodbaths in human history. Promoting such an absurd society is a prescription for a police state - as the government turns to the role of conflict management - which is dangerous to liberty and individual rights. Faction is not something that should actually be pursued in a society - a source of weakness.
  • Options
    Heydrich, you're getting a bit repetetive.
  • Options
    Heydrich would you be as anti-immigrants if they were white Aryans from Germany and Scandinavia?

Britain has always been a mongrel race - I know that was originally used as a term of abuse but I think it's a good description - mongrels are better tempered and less likely to suffer the health defects of purely bred pedigree dogs. Britain has integrated Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Vikings and many others over the years - would there be as much fuss if immigrants over the last sixty years had not had different skin colours? If not then the whole argument is based on skin colour - all the white races who immigrated to Britain have had different cultures, languages and backgrounds.
  • Options
    Heydrich would you be as anti-immigrants if they were white Aryans from Germany and Scandinavia?

Absolutely if they came from Germany and Scandanavia and remained Germans.
    Britain has always been a mongrel race

It was not until quite recently that Great Britain began to import hundreds of thousands of nonwhite immigrants annually of RADICALLY different racial and cultural backgrounds - a prescription for certain disaster shown by countless examples throughout history. Such diversity has been a source of faction for centuries in the American South and STILL plagues us to this day - a curse the wise should well avoid from OUR first hand experience.
    I know that was originally used as a term of abuse but I think it's a good description - mongrels are better tempered and less likely to suffer the health defects of purely bred pedigree dogs.

ROFL actually the AIDs and other diseases are exploding in Great Britain due to the importation principally of nonwhite immigrants.

Britain has integrated Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Vikings and many others over the years[/quote]

To compare the mingling of WESTERN ethnicities, of the same race, in which the differences are primarily CULTURAL to the importation of hundreds of thousands of nonwhite immigrants from radical nonwestern backgrounds is a huge false analogy. The best example of this is the case of America where the negro faultline has endured for centuries, a barrier that has been one of America's most horrible afflictions for genrations.
    would there be as much fuss if immigrants over the last sixty years had not had different skin colours?

You mean populations that are entirely IMPOSSIBLE to assimilate (i.e. to lose all distinctiveness) that come from radically different nonwestern backgrounds who are actually ENCOURAGED to accent their differences? Absolutely. That is MADNESS. That is COLONIZATION and a sign of a people that are dissolving. We have had this problem in America for centuries and the race problem has been the NUMBER ONE cause above all others of usurpation of the people's liberty by the central government. White Rhodesians and South Africans today know all to well the foolishness of the "diversity is our strength" canard. So do Southerners in the United States.
    If not then the whole argument is based on skin colour

You act as if race is simply some cafe au lait thing that can simply be dismissed as irrelevent, even worse, you continue with the old race is skin colour canard. Race is a source of FACTION, of division within a society and more factions in a society the more government has to step in (usually over personal liberties) in order to maintain society. This can also be a one way ticket to despotism as is the case of the Afrikaners and White Rhodesians today, or even annihilation as was the case of the French in Haiti.
    all the white races who immigrated to Britain have had different cultures, languages and backgrounds.

All the white races who immigrated to Britain were closely related populations of Western Europeans from similar cultural backgrounds. The differences between them were overwhelmingly cultural and thus it was much easier for society to meld together as a whole. This is not the case with Negroes who will ALWAYS remain a distinct population as well as other nonwhites from similar divergent backgrounds. Even worse the more these populations grow, the more they RETAIN their alien cultures, eventually the emerge the dominant culture in the UK.

That is a prescription for nothing less than national and cultural suicide, of faction, totalitarian government, and a century of internal chaos.
  • Options
    "britain has always been a mongrel race" - Geremy Paxman? The English?

Actually, its not that hard to immigrate to India. And yes, non-british indians do. Ethnic integrity in the UK is unjustified.

The population of Britain is aging, and although increasing at the moment it is predicted to begin to fall by 2032 after which the new immigrants will be supporting our pensions.

Fact is, many BRITISH industries would die if it werent for immigrants from all over the world.

AIDS is also exploding due to certain religious communities, including the catholic church - whats your point?
  • Options
    What a sad thread this is... I've never seen such concentration of racist garbage.

Anyone who actually believes the BNP speaks the "truth" is beyond salvation.

With regard to British 'identity' and other such nonsense: if anything, multiculturalism enriches a nation. What could be better than celebrate your heritage whilst embracing the best other cultures have to offer? Besides, many citizens of Asian, African or Middle Eastern origin are British. If anything, 'patriotic' BNP supporters should celebrate Asian culture for it is as British as fish and chips, or indeed as a curry.

Ignorant and moronic remarks about the spread of AIDS and so forth are so stupid they should not need explaining. The racist brigade will hold on to them because they want to hate other races and blame them for anything they can. Just for the record, the biggest cause for the spread of AIDS in this country is unprotected heterosexual sex. In many cases, I fear, by patriotic BNP-supporting white British hooligans who shag around without a condom and then brag about it on hoolie websites while blaming 'pakis' and 'wogs' for the decline of this country.
  • Options
    Actually, its not that hard to immigrate to India. And yes, non-british indians do. Ethnic integrity in the UK is unjustified.

Demonstrate to me evidence that it is "quite easy" to immigrate to Indian.
    The population of Britain is aging, and although increasing at the moment it is predicted to begin to fall by 2032 after which the new immigrants will be supporting our pensions.

Yes, I am well aware of the demographic deterioration of the British population, no doubt a symptom of a dying population and instability of the current culture in that country.
    Fact is, many BRITISH industries would die if it werent for immigrants from all over the world.

British industries ARE going to die unless the demographic decline is reversed and the hedonism of the degernate culture that dominates in Britain today is erradicated. Britain will become more and more of a totalitarian society, a third world country of wealthy old people surrounded by teaming impoverished third world immigrants. That is a prescription if there ever was one for disaster.
    AIDS is also exploding due to certain religious communities, including the catholic church - whats your point?

It is specifically the importation of large numbers of foreigners that are responsible for the overwhelming majority of the jump in infectious diseases.
  • Options
    What a sad thread this is... I've never seen such concentration of racist garbage.

:rolleyes:
    Anyone who actually believes the BNP speaks the "truth" is beyond salvation.

The EXAMPLES of South Africa, Haiti, Rhodesia, and Indonesia speak VOLUMES about the sheer madness, the insanity of the present immigration policy pursued by the British Government. History speaks for itself in that regard.
    With regard to British 'identity' and other such nonsense

That is Britain's primary problem - Nihilism. The British do not know who they are anymore - just like the Romans. Just like the Romans who deployed thousands of troops across the world they are failing to maintain their own sense of identity and their own borders in the FALSE assumption that immigrants will always "assimilate" and "enrich" their society.
    if anything, multiculturalism enriches a nation.

Yes, multiculturalism sure enriched Yugoslavia which disintegrated into genocide. Multicutluralism enriched India as well which broke apart. Where is the Soviet Union today? Multiculturalism just a few years ago almost broke apart Canada. We see multiculturalism everyday in the gang warfare we have in Los Angeles or even in the streets of YOUR capital London. We see the strength of Multiculturalism in the massive riots in Antwerp all the time now. No one IMO can speak with experience about precisely this sort of problem than the American South which has been CURSED by racial conflict for centuries now. South Africa is another great rainbow nation - the AIDs, murder, and rape capital of the world which becomes more of an impoverished hellhole every single year. Surely the white Rhodesians who are being exterminated by the maniac Mugabe can say multiculturalism has been a strength for that country.
    What could be better than celebrate your heritage whilst embracing the best other cultures have to offer?

Being rid FOREVER of such a curse, such a source of eternal FACTION. Being free of such race riots and possibly even racial war as is the case of Rhodesia. What happens when jobs become scarce, when economies falter in such societies? The factions increasingly come to blame each other, chaos in society, ethnic strife.
    Besides, many citizens of Asian, African or Middle Eastern origin are British.

Yes, and instead of having quarreling Welsh, quarreling Scots and English, quarrelling religious factions in Ireland which is enough diveristy for ANYONE you simply MAGNIFY all those problems and sources of division exponentially by importing groups who come from even more radically different backgrounds. You ACTUALLY encourage these people to remain distinct - to assert that identity. The result is the gang warfare we saw not to long ago on the streets of London. The result is another Johannasburg in the making - an impoverished hellhole of quarreling factions.

Why is this sort of thing promoted? For many reasons, among them, the capitalist desire for CHEAP labour, the liberal hatred of Britain's Western European identity, the central government who tramples over more and more individual liberties in order to hold the factions together, the tolerance industry which enriches itself upon the disintegration of British society. . .the end result being chaos, poverty, ethnic conflict, and totalitarianism.
    If anything, 'patriotic' BNP supporters should celebrate Asian culture for it is as British as fish and chips, or indeed as a curry.

ROFL - give the birthright of future generations away for CURRY! Set yourself up for a century of internal ethnic chaos, quarreling and resentment as one group benefits more than another, one huge Northern Ireland or another Bosnia for CURRY!
    Ignorant and moronic remarks about the spread of AIDS and so forth are so stupid they should not need explaining.

It is a FACT that the importation of so many foreigners is causing AIDs to explode in Britain, that unlike the ideal mixed race perposterous argument above, just the opposite is true. The health of society deteriorates.
    The racist brigade will hold on to them because they want to hate other races

Racial seperatism has NOTHING whatsoever to do with hatred of other races. It has everything to do with EXPERIENCE. It is the experience of countless nations who have dealt with this experiment before that warrants caution. A healthy government DISCOURAGES sources of DIVISION within a society for faction is a curse of nations. Throwing groups from radically different racial and cultural backgrounds together in the same society, making them compete for scarcer and scarcer resources, and telling them to accent the sources of division between them is nothing short of madness. It is a nation's deathwish. Just look at South Africa today.
    and blame them for anything they can.

Britain's racial diversity is 100% responsible for the race riots it is just not getting accustomed to.
    Just for the record, the biggest cause for the spread of AIDS in this country is unprotected heterosexual sex.

Anonymous Authority.
    In many cases, I fear, by patriotic BNP-supporting white British hooligans who shag around without a condom and then brag about it on hoolie websites while blaming 'pakis' and 'wogs' for the decline of this country.

The EXPERIENCE of South Africa and Rhodesia, the bizarre ridiculous rainbow nations that are notorious failures, is exactly why the BNP is the ONLY party to vote for in Britain. Faction is a curse of nations. The majority of bloodbaths we have seen in this world have been over racial, ethnic, and religious differences. To actually PURSUE such a policy, with the intention of actually promoting such divisions within a polity, is quite frankly INSANE.
  • Options
    The majority population of South Africa are black. Blacks have inhabited South Africa LONG before the first whites went there. By your rationale, shouldn't white people be repatriated?

As for the USA, well the whole 'ethos' of that countrry is based on the notion of a melting pot. Nearly everyone is descended from an immigrant in some context in that nation.
  • Options
    Whooooooaa, Heydrich is scaring me. I know that's not a very 'intelligent' post but eek. :eek:

How can you be so blinkered and so convinced that you're right when you're being so discriminatory and closed-minded? There's a point in civilised politics beyond which you do not go, and I think you are doing so. Plain racism is inexcusable.

Anyone else slightly shocked?
  • Options
    The majority population of South Africa are black.

Yes this is true. Why are you equating a person and a citizen to be the same thing?
    Blacks have inhabited South Africa LONG before the first whites went there.

In all of African history before the European arrival in that area there was no country EVER known as a "South Africa." Such an entity DID NOT exist.
    By your rationale, shouldn't white people be repatriated?

Absolutely not. What should have happened, the logical solution, would have been a partition of the country into a seperate white nation and a seperate black nation. The same is true in Rhodesia.
    As for the USA, well the whole 'ethos' of that countrry is based on the notion of a melting pot.

This is 100% absolutely false. The whole "ethos" of America was built upon the fact accepted for centuries that America was to be a WHITE nation composed of sovereign and independent states. The naturalization act of 1790 - the law - was quite clear about this, establishing citizenship ONLY for "free white persons." This remained the case all the way up until the 1950s. The idea of an "American Melting Pot" did not come about until the 20th Century and even then it was in reference to the TOTAL assimilation of EUROPEAN immigrants. Theodore Roosevelt who signed the Gentlemen's Agreement with Japan to keep prohibit Asiatic immigration would have been APPALED at the ludicrous immigration policy we have today, which is not even a "Melting Pot" but a "Tossed Salad" of factions of alien nationalities.
    Nearly everyone is descended from an immigrant in some context in that nation.

Every nation in the WORLD starts out as a nation of immigrants. Such nations then mature into high cultures and become a "nation of natives" who exclude foreigners. You also overrepresent the effect immigration has had on the United States. The vast majority of white Americans are descended from the original colonists and natural increase of already established populations. Now here is a treat for you.

President Theodore Roosevelt on Multiculturalism
    There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts "native" before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance. But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else.

The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic. The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American. There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.
  • Options
    Whooooooaa, Heydrich is scaring me. I know that's not a very 'intelligent' post but eek.

Yes, surely it is indeed SHOCKING that I hold the same opinions that Americans and Southerners have held throughout the vast majority of their own history.
    How can you be so blinkered and so convinced that you're right when you're being so discriminatory and closed-minded?

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with discrimination as a moral principle. A nation that does not discriminate against those who are not members of its population is not a nation at all - for a nation defines itself in opposition to what it is not. What you support is an ABSENCE of discrimination, an ABSENCE of value. It is not immoral or moral - it is amoroal. It is NIHILISM.
    There's a point in civilised politics beyond which you do not go, and I think you are doing so. Plain racism is inexcusable.

Discrimination and Racism are two DIFFERENT things entirely. What you despise is the concept of value itself. You despise the ability of individuals, on a superpersonal scale nations, to use their own minds, to hold values, and discriminate between values and nonvalues. The ability of individuals to value is essential to life itself - the ability to choose between alternative choices and actions.
    Anyone else slightly shocked?

What is truly shocking is how nihilism is promoted as MORAL principle.
  • Options

In all of African history before the European arrival in that area there was no country EVER known as a "South Africa." Such an entity DID NOT exist.

Not my point. Blacks inhabited what is now South Africa long before whites.

Absolutely not. What should have happened, the logical solution, would have been a partition of the country into a seperate white nation and a seperate black nation. The same is true in Rhodesia.

Why not? By your reasoning, what is now South Africa was a black country. For that to be maintained, whites should have been repatriated.

Every nation in the WORLD starts out as a nation of immigrants. Such nations then mature into high cultures and become a "nation of natives" who exclude foreigners. You also overrepresent the effect immigration has had on the United States. The vast majority of white Americans are descended from the original colonists and natural increase of already established populations. Now here is a treat for you.

That's false. Only 15% of US citizens can trace their ancestry back to the original English settlers (or at the least people who fought against the British during the War of Independene). You fail to take into account Irish and German Americans (as well as Italians and Eastern Europeans). If anything, the majority of white Americans are either of Irish or German descent.
  • Options
    Heydrich everything isn't black and white. Just because I don't like the idea of discriminating as much as you seem to against people who aren't of my nationality, it doesn't mean I'm at the complete opposite end of the scale and have no patriotic feelings or pride, nor does it mean that I don't care about us Brits. Things don't have to be either one extreme or the other.

I understand that it's important for a country's people to feel unity and to look after themselves first and foremost - if we gave everyone who wanted to enter and live in our country just as much rights as people whose roots have been here for ages, the country's economy and society wouldn't survive. BUT I still believe we should welcome others with open arms, adapt to demographic changes and learn to accept that things won't always be the same, nations won't always be solely 'white' and cultural diversity is what helps us learn about others.

You have to compromise.
  • Options
    I don't think why we should compromise with racists. They take advantage of freedom of speech and tolerance to spread their hatred-filled racist shit all over. And everyone knows very well that whenever such people gain power democracy goes out of the window.

Here's a thought: deport all racists, strip them of their British citizenship and drop them in a desert island. There they can carry on their way of life uncontaminated from lesser races. Perhaps they can call their island New Britannia or something like that, and live in racial purity for ever after. And the rest of us can get on with our lives free of such vermin.
  • Options
    What you despise is the concept of value itself.
    I resent that. You don't know me, I said nothing about 'despising' anything and I think that comment goes to show you're dramatising an awful lot of this. Get your facts straight before you criticise, please. :)