Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

It's All About $$$ ~ Will It Be US or EU $$$ For Oil

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sadam started using EU$$$$ for oil dealings cuting out the US $$$...and that dear friends is what this is all about.

BTW, hi! Did you miss me? Just had to drop in and visit for a moment today.

Comments

• Options
    hyaaah. just got in. what? me ignorant at the moment????
  • Options
    With things on a 'roll' in Iraq I did think the $$$ consideration worthy of mention and discussion.

Considering that every, EVERY, war in 'modern' history has had at its base the use of paper money.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    With things on a 'roll'
    diesel, i love it. what the fuck you talking about?
  • Options
    Uh...O'h, sorry, just noticed..."on a roll...to Bagdad/Damascus/Points East and down there!

fce8d9cf.jpg
  • Options
    Do you know something we don't? :p
  • Options
    Always follow the money trail...and just who controlls the EU$$$$?
  • Options
    The European Central Bank actually.
  • Options
    And just owns that bank or otherwise controlls it?

Sadam was the first arab 'nation' to go from selling oil in US $ to EU $ and that is a fact.
  • Options
    Actually there was an article in the paper a while ago and Iraq made an absolute fortune for switching from US Dollars to Euros. He bought the currency at nearly rock bottom prices and has seen it rise well above the Dollar since.

Well if nothing else he's quite the businessman. Could there yet be a place for him in the NY stock market? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Could there yet be a place for him in the NY stock market? :D

Hes got the morals for it:p
  • Options
    Come now Diesel, It appears you are merely taking the piss. Nobody owns or controls the Central Bank andy more than you could specify who owns/controls the US Federal Reserve.
  • Options
    I'll stop by later and post something on the FR...it is privately owned by several banks...not all US~!
  • Options
    ECB board og governors has reprersentatives from the nations it represents doesn't it?

Has to make reports and explain its decisions to the European parliament as well I believe.........
  • Options
    True enough Toad, but apart from reporting to the EP, to my knowledge it remains distinct and separate from the EU institutions.
  • Options
    I do believe so, independant central bank is a popular idea nowadays it seems, hence the independant BofE (a flaw in the argument of those euro-sceptics who cite the loss of monetary control)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    It's going to be no money for anyone right now. The EU is down-grading their projects for growth and the US would be doing well without the war.

Also, while we're fighting this war, Al Qaeda is working with Mexican drug lords to infiltrate the US. They have bought many of the same ingredients Timothy McVeigh used in Oklahoma and have plans to create a fireball in the subway in Washington D.C.

Since Europe invests a trillion a year in the American economy and Europe is the most important market for US goods...both sides are going to be screwed if the real enemy...Al Qaeda...get's lucky with one of its plans.
  • Options
    They are undoubtedly planning attacks on this side of the pond too.
  • Options
    One thing I was happy about Clandestine, the new Bin Laden tape talks about attacking Arab governments. He's spreading his hatred too thin. If he was smart, he would have just focused on the US.
  • Options
    Bin Laden has always held Arab governments as targets, even whilst organising strikes against US/Western interests. His major beef has been with the Saudi regime for pandering to American military interests ever since the first PGW.

THis is nothing new for him or for Al Qaeda.