Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

This is what we want in UK politics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now this guy is what this country needs..Look how good he is at talking to the young people of the nation...I know hed get my vote.

http://www.tom-watson.co.uk/teens.html

Comments

• Options
    The choice of the new cyber generation eh? lol.
  • Options
    If that guy is serious then Im deeply troubled, but if hes a politician with a sense of humour then Im...deeply troubled:p
  • Options
    I don't understand why younger people supposedly 'hate' politics. Most politicians may be people who teenagers don't immediately identify nevertheless politics plays a great role in everybody's life.
  • Options
    :eek:I'm scared. I want my mummy!!!
    Originally posted by monocrat
    I don't understand why younger people supposedly 'hate' politics. Most politicians may be people who teenagers don't immediately identify nevertheless politics plays a great role in everybody's life.
    I'm a young person. I'm interested in politics. I post here. I'm a member of my local Youth Council. I'm not sure what you mean by 'immediatly identify', but I take a great interest in politics.
  • Options
    I say identify as most politicians are middle aged (how many MP's for example are under 30?)
  • Options
    Well most young people can't vote for a start, that site has got to be a piss-take.......
  • Options
    All of the neds of our nation would probably jump the guy after writing what he did...
  • Options
    Nothing worst than an older person trying to talk young. At least he didn't try to rap...yet.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    I say identify as most politicians are middle aged (how many MP's for example are under 30?)

The local councillor in my area is under 30 and does a lot of work with the youth council. But i can't say i really relate to him or the Southport Parties policies.
  • Options
    Maybe but how many younger people vote?