Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Euphrates poisoned.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
EUPHRATES 'POISONED'

US Marines found cyanide and mustard agents in high concentrations in the Euphrates River near Nassiriya in Iraq, television network MSNBC has reported.

The network said a briefing from Marine officials was its source for the information.

The agents were found during routine tests conducted to ensure the water being used is safe, MSNBC said.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1086347,00.html

Also, with the threat against American troops tonight, what if Saddam has put bombs in all of the tunnels that run under the airport?

Comments

• Options
    I find that report highly suspect. Given the constant flow of the river, "high concentrations" would require continual effluence of poisons to maintain. Sounds like another "scoop" to me.
  • Options
    Unless of course they mean high concentrations relative to normal.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't know...but nothing Saddam does would surprise me. Maybe they dumped some chemicals when the coalition entered Iraq.
  • Options
    Such dumps would have washed away by now. hardly credible as reports go. But who knows eh?
  • Options
    Dunno... lots of rivers have high concentrations of all kind of shit. Hell, if they took some samples from the canals in Manchester they'd think the Mancunians had the mother of all chemical plants up there.

Has there any dead fish been reported? I'd imagine if they got rid of their chemicals in the river you'd get thousands of fish 'belly up'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Dunno... lots of rivers have high concentrations of all kind of shit. Hell, if they took some samples from the canals in Manchester they'd think the Mancunians had the mother of all chemical plants up there.

Has there any dead fish been reported? I'd imagine if they got rid of their chemicals in the river you'd get thousands of fish 'belly up'.
    you visited my hometown then. i had the pleasure of a canal boat for a week four yrs ago. started off near the cheshire(ici) salt mines and ended up going through friggin manchesters pink village! could of done that in my van!
  • Options
    on a more serious note, if the rivers do start, have started being poisend then the troops will not be able to be supplied enough drinking water. disaster! very clever. humiliation and a global downturn ...don't know what the word is for head long ...o yeah, crash.
  • Options
    no water for the civillians or the soldiers for weeks ...the phrase biblical proportions comes to mind ...he couldn't loose. he knows he can't win. when you aint got nothing, you aint got nothing to loose. he could actualy win. the un would become chief policeman. russia france china germany etc etc take over the job of picking up the pieces. the usa and the uk are frozen out by the arab world. half our troops and an awful lot of equipment left behind in the hell of millions needing food and ...h20.