Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Phone Booth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
A new thriller is coming out called Phone Booth. But, hello, in my life time there hasn't been phone booths, my dad says due to laws requiring access for the handicapped in wheel chairs that couldn't get into the booths and the use of cell phones.

Anyway, a guy hears a phone ringing, answers it, and is told if he puts the phone down, he'll be shot. He should shoot the person who titled the movie.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Phone Booth
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    A new thriller is coming out called Phone Booth. But, hello, in my life time there hasn't been phone booths, my dad says due to laws requiring access for the handicapped in wheel chairs that couldn't get into the booths and the use of cell phones.

Anyway, a guy hears a phone ringing, answers it, and is told if he puts the phone down, he'll be shot. He should shoot the person who titled the movie.

I have heard a little tiny bit about this movie, but it seems to slipped past everyone. It only got a small mention in SFX ( a magazine bout sci fi). Also, I have seen phone booths. There was one over the road to where I live, and there are a few in town, but they are beginning to make them without doors, sorta stands, with a roof u stand under, but no doors.
    I will see wot I can find out for u
  • Options
    Sounds very similar to Liberty Stands Still. Thats a good film so peraphs this will be too.
  • Options
    Someone I know got it on DVD weeks ago as his parents vote for BAFTA and the Oscars. He said it was great, he admits it seems v. bad but he said you've got to see it.
  • Options
    No offence kiddo, but there are thousands of phone booths all over the UK!

Anyway, sounds like quite a good film.

Think you're overreating about the title though. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I've seen the trailors for it and read about it. I think it looks like a really good film (the fact that Colin Farrell's in it is an added bonus! :naughty: )) All the reviews I've read have been pretty positive.

And there's been phone booths (or phone boxes) where I stay all my life! Its only really been in the last year or two that they've started getting rid of them because just about everyone has a mobile.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    Colin Farrell

Who?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Klever
    Who?
    Read a little about him here

Apparently he stars as Alexander the Great in a film released next year!

I remember him from Ballykissangel though!