Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How can I stop...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...Chewing my lip when I use certain drugs? It's a dead giveaway the day after, and especially on shrooms and pills, it gets really bad.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    chew gum when your mashed
  • Options
    As Type R said 'chew gum'! And if you still chew you lips you could also get some lip balm aswell, it won't stop you chewing them, but it would help your lips a bit the next day! ;)
  • Options
    u can buy those plastic dummies all the pill heads run around with at raves, theyre good. But give you a bloody sore jaw the next day. And i agree with maypoo bout lip balm that helps.. just when u chew gum make sure u dont forget uve got it in ur mouth or it goes all stringy and revolting eughhh :yuck: ... its also a mental thing, if uve noticed ur chewing and biting tell urself to stop and u will. Just concentrate on it! :)
  • Options
    I always find when I chew gum on pills my stomach feels *really* empty, even if I've eaten before and just becomes uncomfortable, maybe because jaw's moving 20 to the dozen :p .
    Still, beats half my lip missing the next day!
  • Options
    Use Magnesium.
    You can buy it at your local health/suppliment store.
    Take 500-1000mg. about a hour before taking your drug of choice (Extacy, Speed) and it will relax the muscles in your mouth and safe the day :)
    Trust me
  • Options
    chew someone elsess lips. gawd i'm floating above the horrizon at the moment.
  • Options
    I've also heard that magnesium can help, I've never tried the stuff though.
    I aggree with you about chewing gum, but I get that empty stomach feeling whenever I have it. Its really not great for you to have it on an empty stomach, it cons your stomach into thinking food is on its way and it produces acid to digest it, then as no food comes the acid just sits there, giving you grief.