Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

up saddams sleeve ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what has this guy got up his sleeve? it's all been to easy. even the main airport has gone without any fight. what is this very cunning man up to then?

Comments

• Options
    And are the lights out in bagdad because the USA/UK troops planned it that way or has Saddam done it as part of his plan....all seems very scary to me...and it HAS to be a plan of some kind....
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    And are the lights out in bagdad because the USA/UK troops planned it that way or has Saddam done it as part of his plan....all seems very scary to me...and it HAS to be a plan of some kind....
    just been watching that. our side says it aint them. if it's them, then i'm wondering if they have switched everything off beause they have some of those missiles which wipe out all your electrics and electronics and are about to launch them on us and by having their own power off will not damage their own stuff? just a wild and not very knowledgable guess here.
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe he hasn't got any biological weapons, that would seriously fuck things up for Blair and Bush, they're counting on finding things to justify this war.
  • Options
    Mmmm...or maybe he has and is going to use them as a last resort to protect his country from invasion. If he has any sense he won't because then he will at least have the moral high-ground when the shit hits the fan.

Anyway - its possible he can retaliate without the use of Chemical weapons, particularly if he has the US/UK troops backed into a corner!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Silverberg
    Hmm, maybe he hasn't got any biological weapons, that would seriously fuck things up for Blair and Bush, they're counting on finding things to justify this war.
    but he is not the kind of man to just roll over on his back. he has to be up to something ...clever and cruel.
  • Options
    Re: up saddams sleeve ...
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    what has this guy got up his sleeve? it's all been to easy. even the main airport has gone without any fight. what is this very cunning man up to then?

Don't you believe the Iraqi information minister that the coalition forces aren't within 100 miles of Baghdad?

He turned off the power to create another potential civilian casualty situation. Same song, same dance.
  • Options
    Yep. And he bombed his own Baghdad markets as well and blamed the Allies, eh?
  • Options
    You know better than to ask HK such a rhetorical question. He's been programmed to believe we do no wrong so it must have been an Iraqi missile that killed all those folks. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I don't think he has anything up his sleeve, if he had wanted to use his 'vast' (:rolleyes: ) stocks of chem/bio weapons why would he not have by now?

He is doomed we all know that.......
  • Options
    You are assuming that he still can, or could after the initial day of the war.

It all depends on how much information he is able to pass onto his military still...

You are also assuming that his military will carry out such an order.

Personally, I don't think that he still has the right delivery systems...

@ Clandestine, is being programmed to believe that it could only have been a US missile any better then?
  • Options
    Being able to judge that it most likely was one of ours would hardly be a indication of programming. Such a perspective flies in the face of the routine tendency of the Pentagon to lie through its teeth to keep the public from knowing the full extent of what they have done, what they do or what they are prepared to do when launching military strikes.

Of course the Iraqi Information Minister is a humorous footnote to the whole war of claims and counterclaims, but its obvious he is speaking as anyone backed into a corner would do.
  • Options
    US special ops forces have been operating in Baghdad for a while. One of the first missle strikes hit where Saddam and his sons were staying. He's either hurt badly or dead despite the new t.v. appearance.

You know what is the sad thing I'm realizing MR? Iraq isn't a threat. It's somewhat defenseless compared to us. It's almost like picking on some less advanced culture, regarding their military equipment - not beliefs. They're fighting against advanced tanks with pick-up trucks, buses. It's a massive slaughter. I'd feel worst except that Saddam and friends were so evil. But any Iraqi soldier who is only defending his country...that makes me feel bad.
  • Options
    unconventional attack now promised from the iraqi's. are we about to see whats up his sleeve? i have a feeling he's going to drive the entire population of baghdad out, causing a massive crisis.
  • Options
    I don't know... it might come to nothing. He's been promising victories and battles for ages now and nothing materialises.
  • Options
    they might launch millions of mustaches at the americans. now that would be uncoventional. we all know mustaches are evil.
  • Options
    Or flood the streets with oil as the troops march in. He's slippery enough to try that ploy.
  • Options
    :lol: OMG that is such a funny bit. People could start wearing them and accusing each other of being anti-American.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    :lol: OMG that is such a funny bit. People could start wearing them and accusing each other of being anti-American.
    weapons of mustache destruction!
  • Options
    or perhaps:

Weapons of Moustache Deception (find Saddam in this picture)

Wear a Moustache for Dubyah (the In Your Face/On Your Face Tactic)

World Moustache Defence (get one before the Dubyah World Tour reaches your city!) - IMF subsidies available!
  • Options
    just on the news; there are miles upon miles of tunnels and bunkers under the airport, none ...none of which have yet been checked out. and still the troops are pouring in there. isn't that a wee bit silly? the unconventional might be right there ...
  • Options
    Maybe Saddam has a giant Sandworm he'll unleash when the time is right.

The Spice must flow!
  • Options
    You know what? He hasn't used the pre-teen boys that he took from their parents at an early age and trained them to be soldiers. The boys think Saddam is a God. He might be counting on the idea that US soldiers will hesitate to shoot them. They already know about this troop and have been told it's gonna be hard to shoot a child but they must. The first US soldier shot in Afghanistan was shot by a 14 year old. (Which isn't that young but you know what I mean...it wasn't an adult.)
  • Options
    of course saddam has weapons of mass destruction. they keep finding boxes of 'white powder' and vials of chemicals with warning stickers plastered all over them. training camps with lots of gas masks and anti chemical serum certainly says to me - 'i possess weapons of mass destruction and will use them when i feel threatened enough'

to say he hasnt got these weapons is naive - do u really think that all troops would be wearing gas suits without some kind of firm evidence of these weapons. there is 'military inteligence' dont u know
  • Options
    there is 'military inteligence' dont u know

An oxymoron if ever there was one! :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    An oxymoron if ever there was one! :lol:

:yes: Heh.

Hmm....whether his military will have a sophisticated plan for a huge attack is debatable. I'm unsure whether he will use weapons of mass destruction now. On one hand it'd be a defence tatic for him and would devestate the coalition forces, but on the other for him to use weapons of mass destruction is exactly what Bush et al. want in order to justify invading Iraq.
  • Options
    but poison the rivers, which supply the bulk of the water for the civillian population and ...the troops, we're fucked. there is no way we can ship in that ammount of water. weapon of mass destruction ...h20.
  • Options
    Maybe Saddam has a giant Sandworm he'll unleash when the time is right.

The Spice must flow!
    james herbert if i remember rightly.
  • Options
    Frank Herbert actually but a good call nonetheless!
  • Options
    Frank Herbert actually but a good call nonetheless!
    yeah sat here racking my brains. it must be over thirty years since i read dune. it was a must read at the time for any self respecting young hairy hippy with belbottoms and a good pipe. omg ...over thirty years ago.
  • Options
    How time does fly eh?