Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help, I look like the Elephant Man

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I woke up this morning with a really weird swelling around my eyes and my nose, and I swear it's getting worse.

It's really puffy, and I swear I look like something out of the Elephant Man.

I got this once before, but that was when I had Glandular fever, but I had really swollen glands then and I don't this time.

I don't know if I should see my doctor because the swelling might have stopped by then. I can't see him till Saturday morning at the earliest anyway.

Uhhh, any ideas as to what it might be/what I should do in the mean time :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Brian,

It might be an allergy, but don't try to treat it yourself until you know what you're dealing with. Ring up the GP surgery and ask if they have any drop-in sessions or cancellations available if you want to get seen quickly, or ask if they'll see you at the end of the day.

If your eyes are half-closed and/or you can't see properly, or if you find yourself feeling wheezy or having problems talking or swallowing, call up again and get an emergency appointment.

hope you feel better soon :)