Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pissed off with Freeserve.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Freeserve sucks ass.

Yesterday really pissed me off. I couldn't connect to the net for over 2 hours and when I could, no sites would work. thesite has been down for ages too!

I was just looking for a new ISP, but they all have a 2 hour disconnect and a stupid 10/20min inactivity disconnect. And broadband will never be available where I live.

:mad: :banghead: :mad:

[/rant]

Comments

• Options
    Demon have no cut off for narrowband.
  • Options
    I looked at them, it's £11.75p/m and then internet charges on top. I'd rather pay a flat rate fee like freeserve, which has just gone up to £14.99p/m.

:mad:

£14.99 for a big bag of shit. :banghead:
  • Options
    Well, if you want the service, you need to pay for it. Many areas do have broadband services now. BT has ADSL triggers for exchanges with certain demand, and if not there is often cable or satelitte.
  • Options
    Re: Pissed off with Freeserve.
    Originally posted by RamnoR
    I couldn't connect to the net for over 2 hours and when I could,

oh no not 2 hours:rolleyes: :lol::confused:
  • Options
    im with telewest atm, tenner a month, no 2 hour d/c, no call charges use as much as u want.

Altho im gettin a 1mb line in a month for only 35quid a month :D
  • Options
    freeserve are generally good, but sometimes ive had problems. sometimes get a really low bandwith problem, where sites time out and stuff. but the 2 hour d/c thing is annoying, especially if you want to leave your pc. Just use autoconnect and have something to find sources if you're downloading.
  • Options
    I use Tesco.net
    except for the 2 hour Disconnect, it is quiet good.
    Never had a problem with it yet, and it only costs £12.99 a month, first month free for anytime, but it is 50p for the disc. It comes with real player, and sum other stuff too, :)
  • Options
    i dont think i'd be that comfortable with an isp thats from a supermarket, plus it would embarress me to say that too.
  • Options
    tut tut... the shame:rolleyes: :D