Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mothers day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So...whats everyone got their mummies for mothers day? And all you mummies out there, what do you want, or reckon you'll get?

I booked a meal for tomorrow night at a lovely Italian :yum::D

*is very proud*

Comments

• Options
    Re: Mothers day
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    I booked a meal for tomorrow night at a lovely Italian :yum::D

Wish I had the money to do that.

Just got me mum a Eeyore teddy and a card. Didnt know what to get really.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Mothers day
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots

Wish I had the money to do that.

Just got me mum a Eeyore teddy and a card. Didnt know what to get really.

Well, okay...Im actually going halves with my brother! It would be split into 4 if my 2 sisters werent on holiday! :mad: :p
  • Options
    what!! its mothers day tomorrow?? you've got to be lying... serious?
  • Options
    I got my Mum, Cats & Dogs on DVD & a cocktail maker book with loads of different alcoholic & non-alcoholic cocktail recipes in it.
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing.

Bollards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name

lol! :yes: 'tis true! I havent got a card yet though...i need to get 1 from my brother too :rolleyes:
  • Options
    in that case, i got my mom the same thing i got her for her birthday, and the same thing i got my sister for her birthday, and my father for his birthday, and my brother for his birthday, and most my family for christmas, and all my friends for their birthdays, and probably last mothers day, and fathers day too...

which is...

NOTHING! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name

No no, it`s ok my name, you`re in the U.S. right?? Mothers Day isn`t till May there if my memory serves me right. It`s only us that have it in March.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy

No no, it`s ok my name, you`re in the U.S. right?? Mothers Day isn`t till May there if my memory serves me right. It`s only us that have it in March.

oh thank god... now i have like 2 months or whatever to get nothing all wrapped up :D
  • Options
    Yep, it`s May 11th. :)
  • Options
    I got my mum a gift card from George @ Asda because she needs some new clothes!

I've popped that inside a homemade card - I've been colouring in all afternoon! :)
  • Options
    Mothers day is just an excuse too sell cards. (Gits):rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I got my mum a gift card from George @ Asda because she needs some new clothes!

I've popped that inside a homemade card - I've been colouring in all afternoon! :)

Ahhh...Blue Peter styleee eh!? Heres one i made earlier ;) Was gonna do that myself! :D
  • Options
    I got my mummy a card, and a necklace and a touchy-feely fluffy teddy :) well my sister did and I gave her money. :D
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i have *no* money at the moment so i got my mum some smellies from boots using some of my advantage points. also made her a card. my presant cost me no money. was well impressed with the initiative i took!!
  • Options
    :thumb: Good on ya :D
  • Options
    my boyfriend and little girl have gone away for the night, so my mummies day pressie is peace and quiet....probs the first i've had for 3 years!

i am strangely bored now however!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Mothers day is just an excuse too sell cards. (Gits):rolleyes:

You could always make a card?

And mothers day is a tradition going back hundreds of years, when cards weren't around, so if you want to be traditional about it, you don't have to give a card. I am sure most mothers would appreciate breakfast in bed, or something equally as thoughtful.

Now Father's Day.... that is a made up occassion!
  • Options
    I took my Daughter into town today so she could buy me a pressie. We went into the supermarket because i knew the Quality Street were half price, so I showed her them to which she replied I want to get mint sticks because we all like them. So anyway I said ok im not looking and told her to get them, she actually asked a man to get her the Quality Street that I showed her as they were on the top shelf, she then told me hed got the mint sticks.
    We went further down and she saw a basket with plants and told me she was buying them for Grandma so she bought them.

To cut a long story short she bought me the Quality Street and the basket with plants in so I will have a suprise tomorrow, having told me that she was buying me mint sticks and buying the basket of plants for Grandma. For a 7 yr old she really is sweet, wanting to make sure I had a suprise for tomorrow:)
    Im really proud of her !!!!!!
  • Options
    I got my mum a card.

I'll also try and see her tomorrow (she lives the other side of Bournemouth.)
    My brother got her some wine, but I'll foot the petrol bill! :D

But my stepdads father is ill, so I might not be able to visit.
    I hope he's better soon. :-|
  • Options
    i got my mummy a diamond necklace (joint pressie with my brother)

im hoping for an engagment ring for mothers day this year *wonders why mothers day would be an appropriate time* but somehow i dont think im going to get that... and i certainly wouldnt want it off my child! anyway back on the subject... :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I took my Daughter into town today so she could buy me a pressie. We went into the supermarket because i knew the Quality Street were half price, so I showed her them to which she replied I want to get mint sticks because we all like them. So anyway I said ok im not looking and told her to get them, she actually asked a man to get her the Quality Street that I showed her as they were on the top shelf, she then told me hed got the mint sticks.
    We went further down and she saw a basket with plants and told me she was buying them for Grandma so she bought them.

To cut a long story short she bought me the Quality Street and the basket with plants in so I will have a suprise tomorrow, having told me that she was buying me mint sticks and buying the basket of plants for Grandma. For a 7 yr old she really is sweet, wanting to make sure I had a suprise for tomorrow:)
    Im really proud of her !!!!!!

Awww bless! Thats so sweet :)
    I got my mummy a diamond necklace
    Real diamond? :eek2:
  • Options
    I have a card and some Dutch Iris bulbs...
    BUT

Did you know that France introduced mothers day as a way o increase the population and encourage the idea that motherhood was a good and worthy thing and in a way to keep women in the home..of course now its just to sell cards,

I sent my mum a card 2 weeks ago to tell her I love her...who needs mothers day?